logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

First persistency script problems

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Squatting Monk

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:07    Post subject: First persistency script problems Reply with quote

Alright, I finally got my first script pounded out, though I'm having some problems with it. It works when I test it, but the values are not stored in the database according to the command line utility or SQLiteCC. The persistent ints I set last only until I close NWNX. Restarting NWNX and reloading the module seems to put things back on square one.

The script checks to see if the player has a Player's Handbook item. If so, it just lets the character on with no interference. If not, it checks to see if the database has any record of a character with that name by that player being given a Handbook. If so, it sends an error message and logs the PC off (in order to prevent exploits). If not, it gives the character one and passes that information along to the database.

Here's the script:

Code:
#include "aps_include"

void main()
{
    object oPC      = GetEnteringObject();              // Get the PC
    string sTag     = "NR_PHB";                         // PHB tag
    string sResref  = "nr_phb";                         // PHB resref
    string sVarName = "passport_given";                 // Peristent variable name
    int    bValue   = TRUE;                             // Persistent variable value

string sError   = "You may not create two PCs with" // Server message to PC telling him to change name
                      + " the same name. Please re-make your PC with a different"
                      + " name or ask a DM to purge your old PC with this name"
                      + " from the database and server vault. Logging out...";
    string sGiven   = "Please examine the Player's"     // Server message to PC telling him how to use PHB
                      + " Handbook item in your inventory to see the server"
                      + " rules. Activate the item to access the Player's Handbook.";

float  fLogOut  = 6.0f;                             // Time before player is logged out.

if(!GetIsPC(oPC)) return;                           // If the entering object is not a PC, abort script.

if(GetItemPossessedBy(oPC, sTag) == OBJECT_INVALID) // If the PC does not have the passport item...
    {
        if(GetPersistentInt(oPC, sVarName))             // If the database say the player has a passport, then...
        {
            SendMessageToPC(oPC, sError);               // Tell the PC duplicate names not allowed, then...
            DelayCommand(fLogOut, BootPC(oPC));         // Boot the player.
        }
        else                                            // Otherwise...
        {
            CreateItemOnObject(sResref, oPC);           // Create it, then...
            SetPersistentInt(oPC, sVarName, bValue);    // Tell the database it's there, then...
            SendMessageToPC(oPC, sGiven);               // Tell the PC how to use it.
        }
    }
}

It's the first script that I've ever written from scratch on my own, so I'm kind of lost. Any help is great. Thanks. Smile
Papillon
x-man

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 21:41    Post subject: Re: First persistency script problems Reply with quote

Squatting Monk wrote:
Alright, I finally got my first script pounded out, though I'm having some problems with it. It works when I test it, but the values are not stored in the database according to the command line utility or SQLiteCC.

I think your script is fine, but this strikes me as odd. Please post the contents of your odbc log file (with full logging enabled in the INI). Log in with a new player so the whole thing will be logged.
Squatting Monk

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 22:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

And of course when I go to duplicate it yet again to post the logs, it inexplicably starts working. *sighs* Sorry to be a bother. Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Scripts and Modules All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: