logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Alpha release ODBC/MySQL extension soon available!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Papillon
x-man

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, it is running on a single Avlis server as well, but without crashes. Do you have any calls to SCO/RCO in your code ? If so, you might want to disable hooking of those functions (in the ini file).
NoMercy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 14:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does seem odd, but I get crashed in aps_demo even with the hook disabled, just the crashes occuur even when trying to save data not just load it.
Senalaya

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 14:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm running NWNX 2.61 / ODBC 0.92.2 with enabled SCORCO and an ODBC connection to a MS SQL 2000 Ent. server.

It runs as stable as the versions before (2.53/2.54). The only trouble I ran into, were some lag issues, when I stored whole player character files into the DB in the OnClientEnter script. Might just be a timing issue, that gets solved when I delay it some seconds.

Specs:
Dual Xeon 3.06 with 4GB RAM
MS Win 2003 Ent. server
MS SQL 2000 Ent. server

NWN 1.65 with SoU/HotU and CEP 1.50
Localvault
10-40 players online
Makzimia De Graf

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 17:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not even using your aps_include let alone the SCO RCO? hooks, I have that part of the nwnx.ini set to false. I was using it as the mysql direct way, got all those crashes, went to using the ODBC way, no crashes, draw your own conclusions Very Happy. My personal take on it, and I am likely WAY off, I am no expert, but, because we have more columns than say a pwdata table, and more tables, too much data floating back and forth for the direct MySQL to handle. It's the only thing I can think of, and since your latest version runs very nicely without using the MySQL direct route, that is where I will stick for now. As always, your work is MOST appreciated.

Makz.

DM/Creator Island of Fredian
fredian.game-host.org:5123
Forums at http://castille.us/fredian/Forums
JeroenB

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen the sources of the MySQL ODBC driver. As far as I can remember the ODBC driver implementation uses the mysql libs that we are using.

Are you the odbc version that doesn't need the libmysql.dll file? If so, make sure that you get a version that uses that DLL. Otherwise it might go wrong with your version of MySQL.
Makzimia De Graf

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 17:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you try that again Jeroen ? Smile I am using 2.61 NWNX and 0.9.2.2. They have both MySQL and ODBC in ODBC2 support nwnx_odbc.dll right? as no libmsql.dll is in there anymore. Running with a low number of players on, it was running fine, we tested everything, things included that did not run before. Feeling safe then that you had elminated the issues I had before, following you fixing the memory issues, I went live with it... MAJOR issues.

Those crashes just kept coming, then, I turned off as I said the MySQL calls in nwnx.ini, and went odbc settings instead, been running like a charm since, especially since we don't get those huge logs coming anymore Very Happy.

Makz.

Papillon
x-man

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 23:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you say where it crashed ? Dr. Watson spits out some detailed infos (e.g. stack trace and call stack), with those we would be able to find the exact position in code where this happened. Otherwise: no way of finding this.
Makzimia De Graf

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankly Pap, as this only happens under a load ie: large number of players... I am not willing to take anymore risks on stability. ODBC way works, MySQL direct does not, I am sticking with what works.

Thanks as always for the work you did.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: