logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help getting my world on line

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows technical support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tempest

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 19:14    Post subject: Help getting my world on line Reply with quote

Hey guys,I am at a stopping point now and really need your help. I installed MySql / ODBC and I can sucessfully run the APS_Demo mod on my server just fine. My problem is I cant seem to get my module on line? I can load it via nwnx2 just fine but it always says, "login disabled"????

I installed the aps2.erf and put the aps_onload script in the module on load event. But still nothing....

Any ideas?

Thanks... "T"
FunkySwerve

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 22:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most common cause I've seen for this is that your module is over the resource limit, which is around 16,100 resources. If that's the case, you'll need to slough off some unneeded resources, or shuffle them off into haks.

Funky
Tempest

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 16:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Funky thanks for the response. We're not there yet (its a new mod with only 100 areas right now...) but I know about the resource limit all too well from previous worlds. I think I found the problem, silly me.... Rolling Eyes

I never loaded our "hak and tlk" files on the server because I didnt think the server would need them. I checked the server log files and the errors shown are in respect to the hak files not being there...

something strange I did want to ask about though. Is there any reason with NWN diamond edition, there is no ERF folder? There is an "ERG" folder but no erf folder. Is this planned or am I missing something?

"T"
FunkySwerve

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the erf folder is missing, you can just add it. I know that some releases don't create all the folders by default.

Funky
Tempest

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you sir...thats what it was. Added the haks and the tlk files and viola, module is on line now! IT is funny though how the diamond edition has different folders and doesnt create the erf or tlk folders like SOTU or HOTD did... Go figure..

Thanks again for the help!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows technical support All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: