logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PLEASE this is important

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aerisarn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 19:27    Post subject: PLEASE this is important Reply with quote

I think that most useful function would be something that browse item models really loaded, as there's no way to know which kind of simple models are avaible by script... hope everyone agrees, as it will be nice to have one unique scripting interface to browse item appearances. By now i'm stuck by using toolset nubers
Zebranky

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you be more specific about what kind of models?

I'm not sure if this is possible. The server may not load models at all, and only use 2das and/or the model numbers stored as data. Keep in mind that I haven't worked with 3D content, so I don't actually know how models are handled.

<Fluffy-Kooshy> NWNx plugin is to this as nuclear warheads are to getting rid of fire ants.

<ThriWork> whenever I hear nwn extender, I think what does NWN need a penis extender for?
Aerisarn

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

I talk about the CopyItemAndModify. How do you know what values are correct for that function? let's say that you have an hack with a dozen of new cloaks and helm, how do you know, by script, which is the next valid index for new item models? By now i can't find other ways than this:
I reused tlkeditor sources to access to bif, key and hak files, i read correct item entries (by searching for valid item class icons), then this little program compiles some 2da where i can find valid models indexes, but this is a dirty way, it would be nice to have a function from nwnx that search for item's next valid model
Fireboar

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not just use regular nwscript, loading the 2da tables and checking that way? There's no need for an NWNX plugin when you can do it far more easily without.
Aerisarn

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, so my question to you is: how do you know index of valid ... let's say helms? In other words, how do you handle a dialog for showing only and all valid models for helm, without having some repeating models, some weird graphic stuff and so on? Really wish to know (and I already said that looking for that in the toolset and pushing costants into scripts is equal to write not portable ad-hoc code, which is not acceptable).

P.S: there's no 2da for valid helm/cloak models, there is only one for armor parts
Fireboar

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 20:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably your best bet is to simply list them all in a script or create a new 2da file and put it in your override folder.

However, this is not the place for this question: if you have any further questions on this you would do better on the Bioware boards.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Linux development All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: