logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Memory Leak with 1.69

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows technical support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hyper1967

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 21:31    Post subject: Memory Leak with 1.69 Reply with quote

Having a real issue that first appeared with my system under the 1.69 betas.... posted (and ignored) at Bioware tech support site. Issue persists after a complete fresh install and updates. Identical reaction under critical rebuild and automatic update.

System architecture:
Windows XP SP2 Media Center Edition
Direct X 9.0c
nVidia 8800 GT super clocked, 512 onboard RAM
2 gigs RAM

Game begins with normal memory usage, but climbs rapidly to 300+ k usage and then freezes. Override is empty (but it doesn't seem to matter); does it under vanilla or with hak packs installed. Affects both multi-player and single player games. Does it under ANY video setting

Nothing installed that should affect program memory usage. Any suggestions? Anyone else having this issue? I can't nail it down and it's driving me batty. Thanks is advance for any help you can offer.
HazNpho

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 21:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently having this issue as well. 1.69 has been a monster, and if you have any code that is done poorly it seems to do this. Our OnAcquire seems to fire every milisecond and that is about the only thing I can attribute lag to. I'm currently trying to find a resolution, but Bioware seems... Bleh.
addicted2rpg

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bioware bestow us with a memory leak? I'm not surprised in the least.

So....your OnAcquire is firing every millesecond? That's pretty heavy!

If you meant it as a figure of speech as in, just a lot, well I know the module switch for tag based scripts can fire a whole number of things when doing just about anything with an item. Throw in several marauding players and who knows? Smile
virusman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please send me the module that doesn't leak on 1.68 and leaks on 1.69 (the worse the better). The link to my email address can be found below this text. Don't forget to add the word "NWNX" to the subject. Thanks.
HazNpho

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it wasn't a figure of speech, the logs cycle over within a minute, so I don't use them right now except on my test world. But I know this is NOT an NWNx problem because I have run the module without NWNx and it does the same thing.

My next step is to remove the script and rename it, then see if any other resources call it. I don't think they do, but I could be wrong, I wasn't testing some of the scripts that I got from our other scripters. At least I wasn't until recently, and a few of their systems have clashed with ours already, so I need to do a lot of cleanup.
virusman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm interested even if the leak is not in NWNX.
HazNpho

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 21:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll see if I can dig them up for you then.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows technical support All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: