logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

An Idea

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dragonsbane777

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:15    Post subject: An Idea Reply with quote

I am sure many of us out there run a NWN2 server with a Dual Core Processor. I see it at 50% all the time, never using one core.

I was going to try to run two instances, but from what I understand, they read ini files from My Documents.

Is it possible, in the forseeable future, for a NWNX4 type program to be able to run 2 instances at once?

Features, if possible, would be launching them in tandem, setting processor affininy, and portal functions between the modules.

In this way, modules could be split for less lag, and the entire processor utilized.

If not, could someone lay out the exact instructions for running two on one computer? Can NWNX4 be started to launch with a processor affinity? Another idea I had was to have a MS-DOS Batch file open two NWNX4 programs, each preset with the affinty and ports . . is this possible? If so, how can I make it read the ini files from the root directories instead of my documents?
Skywing

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 15:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Run each instance under a different user acccount, so they have their own copies of server datafiles and configuration files. You'll have to come up with some way to keep servervault up to date between both servers and ensure there aren't problems that could be caused by logging a character into both servers at the same time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: