logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Link to very basic save scripts for players/chests?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inayity

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 19:20    Post subject: Link to very basic save scripts for players/chests? Reply with quote

I'm a newb to this kind of scripting. Originally I chose FF over NWNX for a module some friends and I were kicking around because FF came with some nice persistent location and chest scripts.

But NWNX is just the way to go. However, we can't find the "basic" persistency scripts a la Fast French's and we don't have the scripting prowess yet to code them ourselves.

We are using MySQL server and it's hooked up and working fine under our hack to get FF to be launched and sort of "work" under NWNX.

Can someone provide a link to scripts some generous soul has provided for basic persistency for player locations and item storage in NWNX? Like the stuff that's called OnClienEnter, OnClientLeave and OnModuleLoad? It doesn't appear that the ODBC plugin's "APS_DEMO.mod" (the only mod I know of which comes with NWNX) can actually save player location or chest items persistently but is just an example of what one can do.

My greatly embarrassing admission is that to use NWNX now we're actually using the FastFrench default scripts which have been modified with Qwildurn's "Fast French to NWNX (nwnx2) for the 1.69 upgrade - NWN1" (http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Other.Detail&id=1320).

Can someone assist? The sloppiness of this hack to cover my ignorance is embarrassing. Embarassed

Much thanks!

-Inayity
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Scripts and Modules All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: