logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NWN Toolset - Modification

View previous topic :: View next topic  
axs

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 22:09    Post subject: NWN Toolset - Modification Reply with quote

• Multi instances, sometimes useful. (Modules need to be loaded from Recently opened)
  • Resized forms, useful for CEP: Creatures, Placeables, Items.

[Download]

Last edited by axs on Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:19; edited 2 times in total
virusman

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 23:56    Post subject: Re: NWN Toolset - Modification Reply with quote

axs wrote:
Multi instances, sometimes useful. (Modules need to be loaded from Recently opened)
Be careful with this: nwtoolset instances must be launched from different NWN installs, otherwise they'll overwrite temp0, and loss of data may occur.
axs wrote:
Resized forms, useful for CEP: Creatures, Placeables, Items
What tools did you use?
axs

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 0:49    Post subject: Re: NWN Toolset - Modification Reply with quote

virusman wrote:
axs wrote:
Multi instances, sometimes useful. (Modules need to be loaded from Recently opened)
Be careful with this: nwtoolset instances must be launched from different NWN installs, otherwise they'll overwrite temp0, and loss of data may occur.

Typically second toolset ask for module recovery if temp0 exists,
then just hit cancel, next step is to choose recently opened module from 'File', toolset will create temp1 and so on.

virusman wrote:
axs wrote:
Resized forms, useful for CEP: Creatures, Placeables, Items
What tools did you use?

Resource editor for export/import delphi forms (*.dfm).

DFMEdit to avoid manual editing of dfms.
FunkySwerve

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 20:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work. Do you think you'd be able to get code commented with /* */ to shop up in the help window in the script editor, like // code presently does? Our formatter formats to the former, making a lot of our functions not display their help text.

Funky
Zunath

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 21:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a pretty awesome modification! Thanks for sharing.

Quote:
Nice work. Do you think you'd be able to get code commented with /* */ to shop up in the help window in the script editor, like // code presently does? Our formatter formats to the former, making a lot of our functions not display their help text.

Funky

Seconded. Would make life a lot easier for me too Smile
Greyfort

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 0:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

will this work with hak files that did not include any models. Im having issue with files it shows + menues but nothing is there. so I create a new creature figureing I could make one and toolset crashes gets error like hakfile not right.
The Amethyst Dragon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 18:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just found this today and tried it out.

I really like the expanded drop-down list widths. It makes picking appearances for things like placeables and creature tails much quicker (for those with long names).

Now, if only there were a way to force the toolset to put wing/tail appearances in alphabetical order like it does with creature/placeable appearances.

I haven't tried opening multiple instances of the toolset, but that's just because I've never really had a need to.
Greyfort

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 18:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems to work fine, except I keep getting errors when I close the toolset. Any Ideas?

Edit: 08.04.2011

Still getting errors on toolset shutdown, I restored the orginal toolset exe, yet it seems to be a regular issue. you only altered the nwn toolset.exe correct?
drake127

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Link is dead. Could someone reupload this one? Thanks.
The Amethyst Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like the link is functional again. Smile

I'm adding a link to this from the module builder section of neverwinternights.info. I'm sure this would get a lot more use if others knew about it.
Baaleos

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 14:30    Post subject: keeping a copy Reply with quote

Alot of nwn resources are vanishing off the web, as such, im gonna start mirroring some of them.

Eg - That nwnx dotnet plugin, is now gone with the wind, and cannot be found anywhere.

Im gonna start keeping an archive of them online, and provide alternative download location/methods for alot of the popular content.
The Amethyst Dragon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 18:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was able to recover a copy of the file from my old laptop that I'd had stored away since 2014. I posted it up on the NWN Vault:

https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/other/tool/nwn-toolset-modification-axs
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: