logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to set level cap to 40?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
للل

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 15:54    Post subject: How to set level cap to 40? Reply with quote

I'd like to test what kind of character builds I could do if level cap was 40 but I'm unable to set it up.

I tried to do it with the launcher provided on the following page: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/159/index/8218848/1#8685312
Apparently it uses the fix made by Arpl: http://www.nwnx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1814
I tried to test it in MotB after setting its level cap to 40 and xp cap to 780000 but it didn't work.

Please help.
pain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 19:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try logging into dungeoneternal2 in multiplayer under action.

The plugin works for the PW, and it was set up with the launcher. The launcher does not yet configure the ini files until the next release, so you have to manually edit those files to make it work. You probably have to make the paths in those ini files match with your server directory, if they are not configured right it can cause the game to fail to launch. ( I will have that working on the next update of the launcher ).
Rasael

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 20:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible to give XP bugfix the ability to trigger AoO attacks by script or manage HIPS and fix the rogue Evade ability? (forgot that ability's name <_<)

That would be a big boon to PW development work Shocked

Very cool you could do that, but I have no clue how it works.
Skywing

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would need much more specific information about what would need to be done here. (And if someone has done so for NWN1, a pointer to that implementation may be helpful.)
للل

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 0:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I was able to make it work. But I have another problem: I made a copy of the "uninvited quests" module to make it my character building module. I made it add some xp but xp is capped at 250k xp or so for the module. How can I make the cap higher? Campaign editor allows changing of level cap and xp cap for campaigns but not for individual modules.

EDIT: The level cap seems to be capped at 39 for ECL +1 races, 38 for ECL +2 races and so on.
Rasael

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Skywing

Pain made a Launcher and NWNX / xp_bugfix update that does this. If you guys could team up who knows what's possible with this game!
Skywing

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 20:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some settings, if I remember, can only be controlled by linking a campaign to a module. This is relatively easy however and works fine for multiplayer PW modules, so can you just do that and call it done?

I am unaware of anyone else making xp_bugfix contributions. While contributions are certainly welcome, I haven't heard of anyone working on any such things.
Rasael

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 23:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is where he anncounced it on the Bioware social forums:
http://social.bioware.com/forum/Neverwinter-Nights-2/NwN-2-General-Discussion-forums-No-Spoilers-Allowed/Just-a-heads-up-new-update-to-Never-launcher-8618078-1.html

Quote:
Just posting here since so many people seem to not realize there are OTHER threads related to NWN2, which have some pretty cool features.

Never Launcher Prototype

All links in that thread have been updated.

The interface has the following tabs

Play - Allows launching the game- choice of client extender or not, and windowed or not, and supports NWN1 and NWN2 in this regard.

Log - To keep track, will be a place to put features later

Assemble - Merging content - still being developed but example mockup included, and i used this to assemble ALL the 2da's and tlk files on my PW.

Browse - lists games in SP and MP

Community - Buttons to open important sites

Build - Button to open toolset and important folders, and launch NWN Packer

Install - buttons to easily install features, block gamespy hosts lookup and adjust your cdkeys, and get a text file showing your current configuration.

Settings - Preferences and other buttons which i am testing go here, largely in early stages.

It also Includes updates to NWNx via the xp_fix plugin- This includes

Removing of the level cap, you can proceed up to level 40. If you want to hop on Dungeon Eternal X PW you will be able to have builds that are higher level than anywhere else until this plugin is adopted by other PW's. Already have players at level 32.

Uncanny Dodge Fix

Removing caps on ability scores and dodge ac ( this is aimed at barbarian rage mainly and does not seem to affect universally ). There is an ini file to turn this on and off.

Ability to block HIPS via scripting ( variables actually )

Ability to block Uncanny Dodge via scripting ( variables actually )

Ability to trigger a AOO via scripting
pain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

xp_fix is not xp_bugfix, it's separate, and it's provided when you download the copy of never launcher i provided. It works with skywings work, as everything does. My choice of name was mainly aimed at my hope to integrate the features from xp_fix from NWN1 at some point. Everything about it will work just fine with everything skywing is doing, and i don't think there is a lot of overlap.

Mostly it's packaging up of what arpl sent me but never got working as a real plugin and getting it working, and i am really just learning this stuff. Most of what i did was inserting arpl's code into a plugin template, and working some of those features into my CSL library. I also allow ini settings to turn some of the features on and off. I am hoping that i can create some new things entirely my own eventually.

I am mainly focused on developing Never Launcher which provides ease of use ( wizard interfaces ) to complex configuration files that come with NWNx and the game itself, hopefully enough so that more people can take advantage of what it has to offer, and installers which do the work for those users to ensure everything is positioned correctly.

Note that xp_fix is in the nwnx4 folder that is downloaded above, as the latest version of everything skywing has done when i zipped that version up. All you have to do is take the xp_fix.dll and drop it into your nwnx folder and you have everything listed above.
pain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

للل wrote:
Ok, I was able to make it work. But I have another problem: I made a copy of the "uninvited quests" module to make it my character building module. I made it add some xp but xp is capped at 250k xp or so for the module. How can I make the cap higher? Campaign editor allows changing of level cap and xp cap for campaigns but not for individual modules.

EDIT: The level cap seems to be capped at 39 for ECL +1 races, 38 for ECL +2 races and so on.

Review the campaign settings and any module settings. The hard cap is removed, you still have to adjust the soft caps which is how it should be.

On my PW the cap uses ECL at the end, not at the beginning, should have nothing to do with the xp_fix, it's done in script and is a soft cap.
pain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skywing wrote:
Some settings, if I remember, can only be controlled by linking a campaign to a module. This is relatively easy however and works fine for multiplayer PW modules, so can you just do that and call it done?

I am unaware of anyone else making xp_bugfix contributions. While contributions are certainly welcome, I haven't heard of anyone working on any such things.

Give me another year of fighting compilers, i just got wxwidgets to compile on windows and mac. Even then i'll probably just package things into my own plugin just because it's easier to coordinate. But hopefully i get to the point where i can contribute more than just testing out your releases.
Rasael

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 13:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pain: Is it possible to make a creature immune from AoO's or to make him not broadcast them without needing to set him to plot? The Cutscene function that can do this only works if the creature is set to plot mode which kind of defeats the purpose for custom feats.
And where can we find the variables and code needed to control the functions in xp_fix? I've proposed adding this on the Sword Coast Chronicles - it would make a lot of new custom feats possible Shocked

Also: XP_fix does not automatically remove the level cap does it? You still need to do this in the campagin settings? I'd hate it if level 30 players suddenly got wrecked characters. (just checking to be sure)
pain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 18:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rasael wrote:
Pain: Is it possible to make a creature immune from AoO's or to make him not broadcast them without needing to set him to plot? The Cutscene function that can do this only works if the creature is set to plot mode which kind of defeats the purpose for custom feats.
And where can we find the variables and code needed to control the functions in xp_fix? I've proposed adding this on the Sword Coast Chronicles - it would make a lot of new custom feats possible :shock:

You can turn off AOO's in the spells.2da, then trigger them manually. I really have not gotten into nwnx enough to know if that is possible, but frankly I'd probably focus on features which allow more opportunities than that .... generally just having high dodge makes you immune to AOO's. Hoping a simple get and set data set of functions which can for example allow me to make a much more elaborate AI, or to iterate the spells, special abilities, feats a player knows.

Rasael wrote:

Also: XP_fix does not automatically remove the level cap does it? You still need to do this in the campagin settings? I'd hate it if level 30 players suddenly got wrecked characters. (just checking to be sure)

Yes everything is optional, you have to turn it on, or set it as active via script, or via ini settings. Just dropping it in will only fix the clerics converted spells which i can't see anyone having a problem with.
Anvoreth

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 22:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Quote:

Is this feature enabled by default? If so, how to change it? There is no flag for setting this on/off in xp_fix.ini file. "Via scripting" means that some NWNXSetString function should be invoked?
pain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 23:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anvoreth wrote:
Hi,

Quote:

Is this feature enabled by default? If so, how to change it? There is no flag for setting this on/off in xp_fix.ini file. "Via scripting" means that some NWNXSetString function should be invoked?

If there is a variable on the object, then their HIPS won't work. You can set variables via SetLocalInt( oPC, "HIPS_DISABLED", TRUE ), i do it when they enter an AOE for a light spell, and then set SetLocalInt( oPC, "HIPS_DISABLED", FALSE ) when they leave. By default it won't affect anything unless you actively do that.

If you read the readme.txt that is with never launcher it covers everything.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Technical support All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: