logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Player authentification plug-in possible?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Senalaya

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:54    Post subject: Player authentification plug-in possible? Reply with quote

Given the situation with the GameSpy Master servers for NWN2, would it be possible to inject a form of manual authentification between the server connect and the character selection?

The idea would be to have a plug-in, that would pop-up a user/password dialog, which then is verified against a custom, configuarable MySQL query.

This would allow to either have your own user/password table in your NWNX database or you could link it for example against your forum accounts.

The benefit of the latter would be, that you wouldn't need any 'register account' method build into the plug-in.
Dethia

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a plug-in but using nwnx something I wrote that runs at the pw level,

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/11050518/nwn2/dethia_login/dethia_login.zip

very easy to implement system. It will prompt users to create a password when they first log-in or if a password exists to enter it. The password is linked to each player's public cd-key. There is a readme included with more information.
Magicalwisps

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any way I could get you to make an Oncliententer script with the line I need for your script Dethia?

I tried to add the line you provided in Readme, but I did not get it to work.

I don't have an ModOnEnter script for my PW, so just something simple that runs your script would be all I would need.

PLEASE!! PLEASE!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Development All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: