logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for Help - Are These Forums Dead for NWN2?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GAC

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 0:04    Post subject: Looking for Help - Are These Forums Dead for NWN2? Reply with quote

Sorry for being so blunt, really am.

Been searching for quite a while now for some help, and mostly what get back is silence or, there is plenty of help out there, go look. Well, I'm guessing I've spent about 30 hours or more 'looking' so apparently I'm just too dumb to "look in the right way'

So here goes, maybe some one will be able to help, understanding my frustration.

I am having issues with getting NWNx4 talking with any database. I've lost count of how many times I have reinstalled MySQL, created a schema, user, given all privileges etc.

So here is what the reports are generating -

XP_MYSQL.TXT
Quote:
NWNX MySQL Plugin V.0.0.9
(c) 2007 by Ingmar Stieger (Papillon)
(c) 2008 by virusman
visit us at http://www.nwnx.org
(built using mysql-5.0.27 source)

* Log level set to 2 (everything)
o SCO located at 78f440.
o RCO located at 78f090.
* Hooking successful
* Connecting to server 127.0.0.1
* Plugin initialized.
* Registering under function class SQLoff
* Plugin unloaded.

If I am reading that report correctly - the xp_mysql.dll is working correctly

Next -

NWNX.TXT
Quote:
NWN Extender 4 V.1.0.9
(c) 2008 by Ingmar Stieger (Papillon)
visit us at http://www.nwnx.org

* Loading plugins...
* Loading plugin xp_AuroraServerNWScript.dll: Successfully registered as class: NWSCRIPTVM
* Loading plugin xp_mysql.dll: Successfully registered as class: SQLoff
* Loading plugin xp_time.dll: Successfully registered as class: TIME
* General protection fault error dialog disabled.
* NWNX4 activated.
* NWNXGetString: Function class 'SQL' not provided by any plugin. Check your installation.
* NWNXGetString: Function class 'SQL' not provided by any plugin. Check your installation.
* NWNXSetString: Function class 'SQL' not provided by any plugin. Check your installation.
* NWNXGetInt: Function class 'SQL' not provided by any plugin. Check your installation.
<five repeats of the above deleted just as to lessen the size of this post>
* NWNX4 shutting down.

So if I am reading this correctly, NWNx4 is not seeing the xp-mysql.dll plugin? is the problem that xp_mysql is registered as class SQLoff (whatever that means)?

Yup, I've copied the xp_mysql.dll to the NWN2 install directory (along with AuroaServerNetLayer.dll, AuroaServerNetLayer.pdb, NWNScriptJIT.dll, NWNScriptJITIntrinsics.dll and xp_time.dll). Nope, there isn't a copy of xp_sqlite anywhere other than the compressed nwnx4_109 download archive.

So what give? any clue? is there something very simple/stupid I am missing? Or should I just give up?
Lokey

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which OS + flavor? This info won't provide answers but will limit the number of possibilities to something hopefully less than overwhelming, and allow someone to ask you the right questions and possibly head in the direction of a fix.
virusman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rename function class SQLoff to SQL in xp_mysql.ini, as described in documentation.
GAC

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 19:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

virusman wrote:
Rename function class SQLoff to SQL in xp_mysql.ini, as described in documentation.

Actually, that is not described in the documentation, the documentation doesn't really cover MySQL, it's just SQLite (as well as referencing files names that have since changed (madCHook.dll -> NWNX4_Hook.dll). Minor things for someone who is very knowledgeable in the subject, but kinda big pot holes for a fella who remembers when calculators first appeared in stores and were insanely expensive.

Quote:
3.3 Edit XP_SQLITE.INI

The SQLite plugin is the default database provider.

You can control which database plugin will be used by specifying the plugin class in the INI file:

Quote:
# The function class that is provided by this plugin
class = SQL

My bad for not being able to infer that I needed to change the xp_MySQL.ini file from "Set xp__mysql.ini to SQLoff" to "Set xp_mysql to SQL"

Make sure that the class in xp_sqlite.ini is set to SQL and the class in xp_mysql.ini is set to SQLoff (or something else, doesn't matter). This is the default, so if you are working with the original files, everything should be peachy.

Now set the path where the internal SQLite database will store its data file:

Quote:
# The database file that the SQLite engines stores its data in
file = C:\NWNX4\sqlite.db

If you are using the recommended installation path C:\NWNX4, you can leave this value as it is. The file size will depend on how much data you put into it, but generally, it will stay relatively small.

Save the file if you made any changes, and close your text editor.

So just write this off to an old man not know how to manipulate the system
Thank you
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Technical support All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: