logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

With which distro do you compile nwnx2 ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Linux technical support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
domaine

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 20:11    Post subject: With which distro do you compile nwnx2 ? Reply with quote

hello,
which distro (and programs lib etc version) do you use for compiling nwnx2 and plugin ?
i'm getting a lot of troubles using linux mint 13 and 15, with errors compiling or segfault when running the server or odbc plugin not able to connect and so on.

at the moment i'm in the try installing an old mandriva2011 iso i found in my backups and watching if i have more luck with this.

(i install them in virtualbox)
domaine

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

is that a secret ? 19 people saw the post and no one reply ?

just let you know that compiling nwnx on every NEW linux distribution with updated mysql gcc g++ etc i tried so far fail.

is this plugin still alive ?
Ravine

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were so much compilation problems in the past...just do a search.
Btw i always compile on debian 32bit, and i have no problems so far. A bit more tricky on 64bit.
domaine

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ravine wrote:
There were so much compilation problems in the past...just do a search.
Btw i always compile on debian 32bit, and i have no problems so far. A bit more tricky on 64bit.

thanks for the reply, i was asking that because i'm having compilations problems too and didn't found an helpfull post doing a search.

will be a lot more easy if there is a post telling exactly what is required and more important which version for getting a compilation success.
since saturday i tried

mandriva 2011
mageia 3
linux mint 13 and 15
fedora 18
and now i'm setting up an old fedora 12
(by the way keeping up a server so old without applying all updates released since 2009 isn't the best thing in the world)

can i ask what release of debian do you use ?
7.0.0 (the last release) or an older one ?
Ravine

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 14:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

6.0.7, Squeeze. Didn't upgraded to 7.0 yet, but i think that works too.
What's the error?
domaine

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 16:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

(i'm a noob in compiling in linux)
those are the errors i get
Code:

NWNXodbc.cpp: In member function ‘virtual char* CNWNXODBC::OnRequest(char*, char*, char*)’:
NWNXodbc.cpp:223:62: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’ [-Wwrite-strings]
NWNXodbc.cpp:241:66: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’ [-Wwrite-strings]
NWNXodbc.cpp: In member function ‘unsigned char* CNWNXODBC::ReadSCO(const char*, const char*, char*, int*, int*)’:
NWNXodbc.cpp:455:2: warning: converting to non-pointer type ‘int’ from NULL [-Wconversion-null]
g++  -mtune=i386 -pipe  -Iinclude -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I../.. -DMYSQL_SUPPORT  -c -o plugin-odbc.o plugin-odbc.cpp
plugin-odbc.cpp:35:1: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’ [-Wwrite-strings]
plugin-odbc.cpp:35:1: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’ [-Wwrite-strings]

Code:

In file included from /usr/include/c++/4.7/ext/hash_map:61:0,
                 from NWNXResMan.h:27,
                 from HookDemandRes.cpp:31:
/usr/include/c++/4.7/backward/backward_warning.h:33:2: warning: #warning This file includes at least one deprecated or antiquated header which may be removed without further notice at a future date. Please use a non-deprecated interface with equivalent functionality instead. For a listing of replacement headers and interfaces, consult the file backward_warning.h. To disable this warning use -Wno-deprecated. [-Wcpp]
g++  -mtune=i386 -pipe  -Iinclude -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I../..  -c -o NwnDefines.o NwnDefines.cpp
g++  -mtune=i386 -pipe  -Iinclude -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I../..  -c -o NWNXResMan.o NWNXResMan.cpp
In file included from /usr/include/c++/4.7/ext/hash_map:61:0,
                 from NWNXResMan.h:27,
                 from NWNXResMan.cpp:21:
/usr/include/c++/4.7/backward/backward_warning.h:33:2: warning: #warning This file includes at least one deprecated or antiquated header which may be removed without further notice at a future date. Please use a non-deprecated interface with equivalent functionality instead. For a listing of replacement headers and interfaces, consult the file backward_warning.h. To disable this warning use -Wno-deprecated. [-Wcpp]

Code:

plugin-resman.cpp:36:1: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’ [-Wwrite-strings]
plugin-resman.cpp:36:1: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’ [-Wwrite-strings]

Code:

hooks/h_ComputeSpellRange.c:36:10: error: variable ‘no_bonus’ set but not used [-Werror=unused-but-set-variable]
cc1: all warnings being treated as errors
make[1]: *** [hooks/h_ComputeSpellRange.o] Errore 1
make[1]: uscita dalla directory "/usr/local/share/nwn/nwnx/source/nwnx2-linux/trunk/plugins/spells"
make: *** [plugins/spells] Errore 2

and exit from the install
domaine

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 17:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

this what i get when i run nwnstartup

Code:

NWNX2lib: Init
NWNX2lib: org SetString() at 81f41b4, new SetString() at b772b6b4
NWNX2lib: org GetObj() at 81f40bc, new GetObj() at b772b6dc
* Parsing configuration...
NWN Extender v2.8-dev
(c) 2004 by the APS/NWNX Linux Conversion Group
(c) 2007-2010 by virusman and Acaos
Based on the Win32 version (c) 2003 by Ingmar Stieger (Papillon)
and Jeroen Broekhuizen
visit us at http://www.avlis.org

* Searching for signatures...
* Loading modules...
FIXES plugin registered.
FUNCTIONS plugin registered.
FUNCS plugin registered.
ERROR: ODBC: OnCreate() failed.
* NWNX2 activated.
Neverwinter Nights Server
Build:8109
Copyright BioWare Corp 1998-2004

Server: Loading...
Server: Running...

Server: Loading module "aps_demo2"...
Server: Module loaded
INIT(S): valid ret=0x082041ec
* Library ODBC!SPACER does not exist.
domaine

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 17:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

this odbc log

NWNX2 ODBC2 version 1.0.1 for Linux.
(c) 2005-2006 dumbo (dumbo@nm.ru)
(c) 2006-2010 virusman (virusman@virusman.ru)
MySQL engine is supported
Plugin link: B773B4C0
Plugin link: B773B4C0
o SCO located at 82d9c44.
o RCO located at 82d9b60.
! Error while connecting to database: Can't connect to MySQL server on '192.168.1.3' (111)
o Shutdown.

this nwnx2 log
NWN Extender v2.8-dev
FIXES plugin registered.
FUNCTIONS plugin registered.
FUNCS plugin registered.
ERROR: ODBC: OnCreate() failed.
* NWNX2 activated.
INIT(S): valid ret=0x082041ec
* Library ODBC!SPACER does not exist.
* Library ODBC!EXEC does not exist.
* Library ODBC!FETCH does not exist.
* Library ODBC!FETCH does not exist.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Linux technical support All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: