logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems - Installing NWNX on Windows 2003 64BIT Machine

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows technical support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sandronejm

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 23:03    Post subject: Problems - Installing NWNX on Windows 2003 64BIT Machine Reply with quote

We rented a dedicated server to let our module on internet network server. On a Windows machine operating system 2003 64 BITS installed the NWN Stand Alone Dedicated Server (http://www.neverwinternights.info/dedicatedserver.htm), and NWNX2 (http://www.nwnx.org/index.php? id = nwnx2). Everything needed to make the server work.
We use essentially the NWNX by MySQL connection (because we have a wsite), so we installed
MySQL and APACHE on Windows Machine.

OPERATIVE Part:

The NWserver.exe works with sucess.
The NWNX2.exe works with sucess (the program open automatically the NWserver.exe).

We have configure the NWNX.ini, all looks right.

THE PROBLEM:

The NWNX2 isn't connecting to MySQL (the NWNX2 isn't sending data to MySQL Database NWN).

We have tested the game with a aleatory character and their local isn't saved. Everything indicates that the problem is in connection NWNX2 or permission issues.

It is a privilege to share with you our problem.
Lokey

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure where win nwnx stands on 64bit clean, there might be a branch that'll work out of box.

2008 64bit install on a part of our module that I don't deal with: OS didn't have 32bit ODBC drivers, get those and it was good.

Probably best to wait to see what other win users have to say before grabbing libraries MS last thought about in 2006 Smile
sandronejm

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 20:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it won't work windows 2003.

I install windows 7 and it's work perfectly.
Baaleos

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 23:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use windows server 2003 - works perfectly

Can you provide some error messages etc?

Does it say that it cant connect?
or is it just the queries are failing.

Check the privilages, and make sure that the user being used for the connect has either a % or the hostname of the server 2003 machine against its host property in the SQL Server.
sandronejm

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baaleos wrote:
I use windows server 2003 - works perfectly

Can you provide some error messages etc?

Does it say that it cant connect?
or is it just the queries are failing.

Check the privilages, and make sure that the user being used for the connect has either a % or the hostname of the server 2003 machine against its host property in the SQL Server.

I also suspected to be permission problems, but I have no idea...

I downloaded windows 7 and it run well... I just lost a bit of my time with windows 2003
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows technical support All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: