logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Create Default Character On Connection

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Linux technical support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zeroark

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 19:54    Post subject: Create Default Character On Connection Reply with quote

Hey guys, I'm not really sure if this question should go here, but I put it just because was the most likely place to put it up:

Is there any plugin or technique that will allow me to put a "default" character on any player vault?

Scenario Description:
  • We have PLAYER1 who connects for the first time to SERVER.
  • It's his first time connecting (We assume he has no folder on servervault)
  • When he logs in for the first time, he gets a DEFAULTCHAR character somehow.

Is there a plugin that does that? (I looked, really!) I know that probably it will take more, like creating a pre-made bic file to put after some event, or additional setup, but I just wanted to ask before trying to do it the hard way (I.E: Adding a process that runs, trying to bind it when a new player folder is created on servervault, and copying the default bic file)

I've seen this on a server I play on, and I just recently learned about the patch technique for pre-loading custom content, so I wanted to do some small experiments. I'm 90% sure this server uses NWNX (For now I only know they use nwnx_funcs, nwnx_leto and nwnx_odbc)

BONUS QUESTION:
Is there any plugin that will let me know when a character was created? (I.E: Real world timestamp)... I assume this plugin is the same one that does all the process mentioned above, so I just wanted to mention this as well.

Thanks in advance for your help!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 20:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

All character transactions happens with a file called temp_char.bic (or something like that), if you override that in resman with a level 1 figher, everyone will be a level 1 fighter. Thats the theory anyway!
Zeroark

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 21:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Terra_777, thanks for the prompt response and pointing me to ResMan. I've been checking the documentation for ResMan, and unfortunately it looks like this plugin only manages module-wise files (utp, ncs, are, etc.) so, it won't allow any control for bic files (At least from what I read in the documentation)

EDIT:
So, checking NWNX2 GitHub I stumbled upon "nwnx_system" plugin. Apparently, from what I saw on "nwnx_system.nss", looks like it does what I need (I.E: Copying files from folder to folder and/or symbolic linking)

What I don't know now is if there is any "OnConnect" event (I.E: As soon as a player see his characters screen for the vault)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whichever of the network replacements you use is the place to do it (i.e. netoverride).
ShaDoOoW

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 21:40    Post subject: Re: Create Default Character On Connection Reply with quote

as for your first request it is possible and I have this plugin but I am not allowed to redistribute - ask Mavrixio from Sinfar he is the creator of that
Zeroark wrote:
BONUS QUESTION:
Is there any plugin that will let me know when a character was created? (I.E: Real world timestamp)... I assume this plugin is the same one that does all the process mentioned above, so I just wanted to mention this as well.

Thanks in advance for your help!

my NWNX_Files allows that
Zeroark

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 21:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot ShadDoOow! I'll try to locate him somehow and see if he can provide that plugin!

Also, thanks a lot for confirming my doubts about nwnx_files!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Linux technical support All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: