logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NWNX Special Event - OnClientEnter

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sandronejm

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:10    Post subject: NWNX Special Event - OnClientEnter Reply with quote

Hello everybody,

I use nwnx since sometime and I would like to know if it is possible to create an event that happens before the module OnClientEnter event - when the player enters the character selection.

We would like to do some checks when the user enters the character selection. Is it bad that we can only do this after he logs in with the character (oncliententer).

Would anyone could build this scheme or has this knowledge about?
sandronejm

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 0:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is possible to compare sPassword from the player input with some other value? we could use this to improve the login system. (isn't necessary at all because we can do the check using other artifices)
danny500

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice topic raised. it will create awareness !
Baaleos

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 15:38    Post subject: Re: NWNX Special Event - OnClientEnter Reply with quote

sandronejm wrote:
Hello everybody,

I use nwnx since sometime and I would like to know if it is possible to create an event that happens before the module OnClientEnter event - when the player enters the character selection.

We would like to do some checks when the user enters the character selection. Is it bad that we can only do this after he logs in with the character (oncliententer).

Would anyone could build this scheme or has this knowledge about?

Zebranksy made a hook that can manipulate the characters online display the character login screen - so in theory its hooked already.
So yes- you can create the event to fire on the character select screen enter.

There is also Terra's ValidateCharacter hook - which fires when the player clicks OK to join the game/module, but before they materialize.

It is used for validating the level of the player vs the level of the level restrictions in the game.
If you can find nwnx_cool or nwnx_kewl (whichever you want)
They should have the validatecharacter event.
You probably wont be able to get any ability scores or skills though - as the PC character hasnt been materialized yet.
Terra_777

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 17:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

That validate character hook potentially crashes the server when people enter and then presses cancel. I think.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: