logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Server running in chroot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Linux technical support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
12o

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 22:10    Post subject: Server running in chroot Reply with quote

I am attempting to run a git version of nwnx2 in an Arch Linux chroot environment outlined at this link:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Install_bundled_32-bit_system_in_64-bit_system
I have MariaDB running in the same chroot environment under mysql user, and I have a user that's running the nwn server under the mysql group. (MariaDB is exactly like MySQL, just now under a different community). MariaDB starts up just fine, and I have configured the nwnstartup.sh script to connect. I can confirm that the user running the nwnstartup script is able to connect to MariaDB and to the database I have set up for it. The logs show it as well. But for some reason, when I go into the module and click the signs, I still get a Library ODBC!SPACER does not exist (along with EXEC, FETCH, etc.). Nwnx2 compiled just fine.
Code:

$ cat nwnx2.txt
NWN Extender v2.8-dev
DMACTIONS plugin registered.
HASHSET plugin registered.
MNX plugin registered.
PROFILER plugin registered.
ODMBC_MYSQL plugin registered.
RESET plugin registered.
CONNECT plugin registered.
AREAS plugin registered.
EVENTS plugin registered.
NAMES plugin registered.
TMI plugin registered.
FIXES plugin registered.
VISIBILITY plugin registered.
OPTIMIZATIONS plugin registered.
EXTEND plugin registered.
FUNCSEXT plugin registered.
RESMAN plugin registered.
SERVERLIST plugin registered.
CHAT plugin registered.
* NWNX2 activated.
INIT(S): valid ret=0x082041ec
* Library ODBC!SPACER does not exist.
* Library ODBC!EXEC does not exist.
* Library ODBC!FETCH does not exist.
* Library ODBC!FETCH does not exist.

That led me to believe that the ODBC plugin is not working, but it shows as registered above. When I check the odbc log, it shows fine:
Code:

NWNX2 ODBC2 version 1.0.1 for Linux.
(c) 2005-2006 dumbo (dumbo@nm.ru)
(c) 2006-2010 virusman (virusman@virusman.ru)
MySQL engine is supported
Plugin link: F7763600
Plugin link: F7763600
o SCO located at 82d9c44.
o RCO located at 82d9b60.
o Connect successful.
o Shutdown.

While the server was running, it showed "Connect successful at the end". The "Shutdown" was due to my action shutting it down. But nothing was written to the database. I checked the configuration of nwnstartup and everything is correct. I checked nwnx2.ini and everything is correct. The module shows that it is connecting to the database.

Is there something that I could be missing? Any additional information I can look at to help solve this? Is it because I have nwnserver and the database running under the same chroot?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

--------------------------------------------
Addition:
Privileges in the database are set up properly. Full privileges to the database.
Baaleos

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may be wrong - but I seem to remember there being an issue where you needed to rename the ODMBC dll to be nwnx_odbc or something like that.

The messages you are getting implies that the ODBC! prefix of the setlocal is not matching the name of a loaded dll.
12o

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baaleos wrote:
I may be wrong - but I seem to remember there being an issue where you needed to rename the ODMBC dll to be nwnx_odbc or something like that.

The messages you are getting implies that the ODBC! prefix of the setlocal is not matching the name of a loaded dll.

Baaleos, you are awesome!! That was the trick. I renamed the file as you said, and now I'm at least able to connect... or so the aps_demo module is telling me. I can't yet get the table created, but one step at a time. Thank you very much!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Linux technical support All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: