logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

working nwnx_names?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Valgav

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 22:50    Post subject: working nwnx_names? Reply with quote

Anyone have working copy of nwnx_names for windows? I was trying to compile the one from Terra_777's OneDrive but it shows errors.
Wart

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 21:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as i can tell no.

I cannot deny it may be quite an intresting plugin but honestly i do not really miss it,
Baaleos

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 17:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried the one from Terra's collection, I think it had stability issues.
Eg: Crashes or inconsistent results with setting/viewing the fake display names.
Zebranky

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://github.com/zebranky/nwnx_names

I did most of this way back in 2010. I tested some of it, but I'm sure it's still buggy in some ways. It's not impossible to port to Windows, as virusman claimed, but it sure isn't easy (mainly due to FPO), so the code is much less elegant than the Linux version and bears very little similarity to it.

That said, if you find a reproducible bug, let me know. I define a bug as "not working the same way as Linux nwnx_names". I can't promise I'll fix it, but I would like to have everything on par with the Linux version.

<Fluffy-Kooshy> NWNx plugin is to this as nuclear warheads are to getting rid of fire ants.

<ThriWork> whenever I hear nwn extender, I think what does NWN need a penis extender for?
Baaleos

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG
Zeb lives!!

How have ya been - havent seen you on the forums for like ever
Wart

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zebranky wrote:

I did most of this way back in 2010. I tested some of it, but I'm sure it's still buggy in some ways. It's not impossible to port to Windows, as virusman claimed, but it sure isn't easy (mainly due to FPO), so the code is much less elegant than the Linux version and bears very little similarity to it.

That said, if you find a reproducible bug, let me know. I define a bug as "not working the same way as Linux nwnx_names". I can't promise I'll fix it, but I would like to have everything on par with the Linux version.

I see the source code, but i do not find any compiled dll in order to begin testing.
pethrowilo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 22:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zebranky wrote:

Greetings Zeb, I see you have quite some nice nwnx tweak in your svn. But as I searched on nwnx2 forum and on your website, neither can I find a explanation on nwnx.ini settings. Do I miss something? Thanks in advance. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows development All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: