logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NWNX_Patch
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShaDoOoW

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 20:08    Post subject: NWNX_Patch Reply with quote

Since I was developing this exclusively for the community patch project and was posting updates on bioware forums, its possible many of you missed it.

Download
Readme
Source

This plugin offers additional fixes, improvements and also softcoded scripts.

Some of the features aren't new for those who are experienced with other plugins, but are implemented slightly differently mainly to be more global and to work with custom content.

Its designed to work with community patch so if you want to use it without it you need to get the 2da/scripts from 1.72beta for some of the features.
ShaDoOoW

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

new version 15b

download

new features:
- fixed monk speed interaction with haste
- fixed buying items from store with full inventory issue (such item was destroyed from store if not infinite)
- two new [Server Options] in nwnplayer.ini
-- Disallow New Characters: if 1, server will not accept new characters (purpose is to enable premade characters only with usage of base server vault)
-- Num Tiles Explored: will change how many tiles are revealed in front of character. Allowed values 1-10, default value is 8, recommended value is 4.
DarkSet

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 17:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I started using this plugin on my server I got random crashes. Server can crush after 50 hours of uptime or crush several times per hour.

Before using this plugin I had 100+ uptime hours with no issues.

And the worse thing is thare's nothing in logs. Nor server log, nor nwnx log, not even nwnx_patch log. Nothing special to analyse what could cause the crash.

Yesterday i've downloaded latest version of 1.72 community patch from neverwintervault, used nwnx_patch from it and got even more crashes. I tried using plugin only, no 2das and scripts from CP. After several crushes I added all 70* scripts and some more - which was not modified in my module and same with 2da - added those not modified in my hak, no merges. It did not help.
So now moved back to 1.71 version of plugin, from 2014. It looks more stable but doesn't have a lot of stuff.

Also nwncx_patch from 1.72 CP caused my client to crush on pressing B (open spellbook) of the wizard char. Did not test it more, just deleted as I don't really need it on client side.

So, can you please help me in getting it stable? Plugin features are great, but crushes are not.
ShaDoOoW

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkSet wrote:
Since I started using this plugin on my server I got random crashes. Server can crush after 50 hours of uptime or crush several times per hour.

Before using this plugin I had 100+ uptime hours with no issues.

And the worse thing is thare's nothing in logs. Nor server log, nor nwnx log, not even nwnx_patch log. Nothing special to analyse what could cause the crash.

Yesterday i've downloaded latest version of 1.72 community patch from neverwintervault, used nwnx_patch from it and got even more crashes. I tried using plugin only, no 2das and scripts from CP. After several crushes I added all 70* scripts and some more - which was not modified in my module and same with 2da - added those not modified in my hak, no merges. It did not help.
So now moved back to 1.71 version of plugin, from 2014. It looks more stable but doesn't have a lot of stuff.

Also nwncx_patch from 1.72 CP caused my client to crush on pressing B (open spellbook) of the wizard char. Did not test it more, just deleted as I don't really need it on client side.

So, can you please help me in getting it stable? Plugin features are great, but crushes are not.

Logs are there but they don't record everything. If they would, the log would be 2MB per second. Of course that makes tracking bugs/crashes more difficult. Anyway, you can find nwnx_patch in logs.0 folder and nwncx_patch in logs folder.

Anyway. What is the version you are using?

try nwnx_patch and nwncx_patch from this link
those are latests versions

plugins should work fine without CPP installed and without 70_* scripts - its coded in a way that, if the spellscript for something that this plugin softcodes doesn't exists, then nothing will happen.

Anyway. This plugin is in beta version and crashes are unfortunately expected. And, unfortunately for all users, it will not be fixed itself. I tested what I could but I don't have proper environment for full testing and due to the ammount of features which are there its very difficult to test it all.

So you need to help me with that. I need to track these crashes down.

If you are willing to help me with that then there are some tools and advices:

1) everytime it crash, check last few lines in nwserverlog1.txt if you used nwserver or nwclientlog1.txt if you used nwmain. Then check also content of nwnx_patch.txt or nwncx_patch.txt. If you won't find anything suspicious you can send both logs to me, maybe I will. Also you can printscreen the application crash message from windows if it shows up - might help and send me that screen.

2) While I didn't add more logging that would help track the crashes/bugs down easier. I did implemented *.ini settings to disable specific features.

add this section into nwnplayer.ini:

[Community Patch]
DisableCustomSpellcasters=0
DisableSubRaces=0
DisablePossessing=0
DisableConnect=0
DisableSetLocalStringHook=0
DisableLoadModuleFinishHook=0
DisableLoginHook=0
DisableWeaponHooks=0
DisableGetTotalACSkillModHook=0
DisableGetUseMonkAbilitiesHook=0
DisableGetCriticalHitRollHook=0
DisableAttackOfOpportunity=0
DisableResolveAttackHook=0
DisableAddEquipItemActionsHook=0
DisableSummonAnimalCompanionHook=0
DisableSummonFamiliarHook=0
DisableUseItemHook=0
DisableEffectImmunityHook=0
DisableResolveDamageShieldsHook=0
DisableGetRelativeWeaponSizeHook=0
DisableHolyAvengerHook=0
DisableToggleModeHook=0
DisableDisarmHook=0
DisableSRHook=0
DisableApplyEffectOnObject=0
DisablePlayerLeave=0
DisableValidateServerCharacter=0
DisableEffectCasterLevel=0
DisableAdjustSpellUses=0
DisableOnHitCastSpellHook=0
DisableSellItem=0
DisableLevelDownHook=0
DisableLevelUpHook=0
DisableResolveAmmunitionHook=0
DisableSetActivityHook=0
DisableDefensiveStance=0
DisableResolveSpecialAttackDamageBonusHook=0
DisableStartBarterHook=0
DisableGetMinEquipLevelHook=0
DisableClearAllPartyInvalidActionsHook=0
DisableFireTrapHook=0
DisableFavoredEnemyHook=0
DisableAddPickPocketAction=0
DisableLearnScroll=0
DisableSpellSlotsInPolymorphHook=0

change 0 to 1 to disable specific feature and try it without it.

More specifically, I belive the most problematic feature is "DisableCustomSpellcasters", disabling this should fix the crash. If it doesn't, try disabling "DisablePossessing" and/or "DisableConnect". Or disable all features, try if it helps and if does enable always half of the options - it work? enable half of the remaining half. It doesn't? Disable last half and enable half of it.

This method will tell us which feature is problematic and that can help me track it down.

3) most helpful are singleplayer savegames before crash. If you test nwncx_patch, and you have a savegame where doing action X crashes game thats perfect for me to track the crash and fix it.
DarkSet

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, I'll try this version.

As I wrote I used version from vault's 1.72 pack. There is no version onfo in dll so I can't say exactly. Now i'm using 1.71 pack version and it looks stable.

About logs - I chacked them and there were nothing suspicious. Anyway I'll try to get them for you in case of crush. But nwnx_patch log is not copied to backup folder when server cruches and nwnx restarts it. Don't know why, several logs are copied, several not.
DarkSet

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

O, a question about subraces. Great feature, but I can't get if there is any check that subrace is a subrace of specified race or I just can type any playeable race label?

So I can choose human, and than in subrace type Elf - and I'll get usual elf in the end?
ShaDoOoW

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 14:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkSet wrote:
O, a question about subraces. Great feature, but I can't get if there is any check that subrace is a subrace of specified race or I just can type any playeable race label?

So I can choose human, and than in subrace type Elf - and I'll get usual elf in the end?

Forgot about usual subraces. This is for custom races. Whether the race is brand new race or subrace doesn't matter. For an engine its the same.

The usual old subrace systems require you to pick specific race and then enter specific subrace in order to be able to workaround the default ability increases/decreases, feats gained etc.

This is not needed anymore. With this feature it behaves as a new race which means that you get correct ability increases/decreases, correct racial feats and correct appearance (except that non-part based appearances are crashing client which is a small limitation). No need to workaround anything after character is created. You can test this easily in any CEP module by typing Wemic or Brownie into subrace field.
DarkSet

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 16:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, thank you.

I see that in this 18a patch I can't possess druid's animal companion. It worked in earlier versions. It's not disabled in nwplayer.ini

Also there's a thing in combat modes. When I toggle Expertise on and move using mouse - expertise remains on, but if I move using keyboard - it switches off as default.
ShaDoOoW

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkSet wrote:
Ok, thank you.

I see that in this 18a patch I can't possess druid's animal companion. It worked in earlier versions. It's not disabled in nwplayer.ini

Also there's a thing in combat modes. When I toggle Expertise on and move using mouse - expertise remains on, but if I move using keyboard - it switches off as default.

New version changed animal companion possessing feature completely due to multiple issues with it. As of v 17, the option to possess animal companion will appear on those who will run nwn via NWNCX with nwncx_patch.

I assume you are testing it with normal nwmain (which except extra features like this should make no difference). If thats not the case then DisableConnect=1 can affect this so if you disabled it, you need to enable it. I'm aware this isn't perfect solution as that also enable the hak sending which if you want to do with nwnx_connect will then mess client, I will try to detach it in future.

You are right with combat modes, it looks they behave differently in client. I assume you have this problem when using NWNCX in singleplayer mode right? I wasn't able to reproduce this behavior in multiplayer.
DarkSet

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

missed Smile

I use nwncx with nwncx_patch and I see option to possess, but it's not working.

And combat modes work as I described in multiplayer. I have nwnx_patch on server and nwncx with nwncx_patch on client.

Maybe there are some conflicts with other plugins? I use a lot of them on server side and nwncx_tweaks, nwncx_serverlist, nwncx_dmtest, nwncx_disablems, nwncx_connect on client side. I see some nwnscript functions in your plugin that where present in other plugins, so may be this is the case?
ShaDoOoW

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 21:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes there is conflict with nwnx_connect. This plugin needs to be removed if you want animal possessing functionality. Hak preloading is now handled in nwnx_patch anyway.

got new version nwnx_patch and nwncx_patch v18c

plugin bugfixes:
- fix for nwnx_patch feature to allow str/con/dex based spellcasters that resulted in losing spelluses upon login
- fixed automatic toggling off combat mode when moving via keyboard
new fixes and features:
- allowed custom spellcaster classes to level up with feats that has spell-level requirements like Empower Spell
- fixed losing spellslots and spelluses upon login when ELC is enabled

v18d - download

plugin bugfixes:
- fixed few crash issues in plugin code
new fixes and features:
- fixed losing spelluses upon login/load with multiple items with charisma ability bonus
Antegate

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello ShaDoOoW, I tested your plug-in on my server (v1.19) (forum)
I found 2 bugs of unpleasant:
1. Arcans lose slots of spells, at an entrance to a game if the giving slots are dressed in a thing, slots of things are taken away from Custer's slots of the family. It is treated by removal of things and recalling in a naked type, later it is necessary to put on and slots will be on site
2. If to come into a game through DM client, through changed of nwnmain.exe (NWNXC patch) and in the root folder with a game nwncx_patch.dll will lie. There will be a problem when mastering a being incomplete forces - it is impossible to turn off.
ShaDoOoW

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Antegate wrote:
Hello ShaDoOoW, I tested your plug-in on my server (v1.19) (forum)
I found 2 bugs of unpleasant:
1. Arcans lose slots of spells, at an entrance to a game if the giving slots are dressed in a thing, slots of things are taken away from Custer's slots of the family. It is treated by removal of things and recalling in a naked type, later it is necessary to put on and slots will be on site
2. If to come into a game through DM client, through changed of nwnmain.exe (NWNXC patch) and in the root folder with a game nwncx_patch.dll will lie. There will be a problem when mastering a being incomplete forces - it is impossible to turn off.

Thank you for bug report.

Here is new version v1.20 - download

plugin bugfixes:
- fixed not calculating bonus spell slots from items
- fixed dm client creature unpossessing
new fixes and features:
- new ini option to turn off sticky combat modes
- new ini option to disallow possess animal companion

add these two lines

Disallow Animal Companion Possessing=0
Disable Sticky Combat Modes=0

into nwnplayer.ini into [Community Patch] section and change the value to 1 if you want to disable that feature
Antegate

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much Smile
ShaDoOoW

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 15:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hotfix version v20b:

- prevented possessed animal companion/henchman to be able to level up from safety reasons

Download
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows development All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 1 of 44

Jump to: