logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help on the Server Name, please?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JoeNobody893

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 0:07    Post subject: Help on the Server Name, please? Reply with quote

I was using another watchdog program to make sure my server stayed up and running, but with the version update to 1.66, it started having conflicts. What better time then to switch to NWNX2?!!

So I did. And I love it. Up for over 2 days with no issues. But there was one thing I couldn't get it to do. Maybe I'm going about it wrong.

I made a shortcut to the NWNX.exe and put it in my startup folder. That way when the server reboots, it'll automatically start up the NWNX and NWN Server processes. It used to populate the Server Name with "The Dragon Coast" as I have in my nwnplayer.ini file, but it does not now.

I've tried adding -servername "The Dragon Coast" to the shortcut in the startup folder. I tried putting Server Name=The Dragon Coast as the first item in the nwnplayer.ini file. I even tried adding Server Name = "The Dragon Coast" to the NWNX.ini file! (Ya know.. just in case.)

None of them get the Server Name to populate from a reboot/cold boot of the computer.

When I double click on the NWNX.exe file, it populates it correctly, so I know it's reading it from the nwnplayer.ini file, but somehow it's not picking up the info when it's running from the startup folder.

Any hints for me?

Thanks in advance!

Lord Eogan of The Dragon Coast PW
GameSpy, Action PW Tab
68.116.219.214:5121
Acrodania

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 0:21    Post subject: Re: Help on the Server Name, please? Reply with quote

JoeNobody893 wrote:
I was using another watchdog program to make sure my server stayed up and running, but with the version update to 1.66, it started having conflicts. What better time then to switch to NWNX2?!!

So I did. And I love it. Up for over 2 days with no issues. But there was one thing I couldn't get it to do. Maybe I'm going about it wrong.

I made a shortcut to the NWNX.exe and put it in my startup folder. That way when the server reboots, it'll automatically start up the NWNX and NWN Server processes. It used to populate the Server Name with "The Dragon Coast" as I have in my nwnplayer.ini file, but it does not now.

I've tried adding -servername "The Dragon Coast" to the shortcut in the startup folder. I tried putting Server Name=The Dragon Coast as the first item in the nwnplayer.ini file. I even tried adding Server Name = "The Dragon Coast" to the NWNX.ini file! (Ya know.. just in case.)

None of them get the Server Name to populate from a reboot/cold boot of the computer.

When I double click on the NWNX.exe file, it populates it correctly, so I know it's reading it from the nwnplayer.ini file, but somehow it's not picking up the info when it's running from the startup folder.

Any hints for me?

Thanks in advance!

The only thing I can add to this is that NWServer is VERY picky about things when it is starting up. If you so much as move an open folder over the server window it will not pick up the server name on load. I have to assume that the computer still starting up is what is keeping the name from showing up, especially since it is working right when NWNX is started manually.

Perhaps if you can find a utility that will delay the start of NWNX and NWServer for a few minutes AFTER the machine is finished booting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: