logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NWNX Server Questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
[NIGHTMARE]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 19:44    Post subject: NWNX Server Questions Reply with quote

Heres some questions I would like answered before considering using this program. Any help with these is greatly appriciated.

1) Would a module that has been running on nwserver (the program that comes with NWN) have any problems running on NWNx?

2) Do all the functions still operate correctly?

3) Do functions like Set/GetCampaignInt and the like still save to the to the same database folder as nwserver?

4) Is there a reload feature for when a server crashes? And if so, is it time based (and if so is it customizable)?

Thanks,
-xNTEx-
weldieran

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 21:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Its not nwserver VS nwnx. Its nwserver AND nwnx. NWNx is a wrapper for nwserver - meaning it goes AROUND nwserver, envelops it. Thus can read data from it as needed for its functions. And no, no problems.

2) Everything that works in your module now, will still work when using NWNx. NWNx merely EXTENDS the nwscript capabilities - it does NOT change nwscript itself.

3) Those functions will work as usual. NWNx does nothing to any of the native functions to nwscript.

4) NWNx for Windows comes standard with a reload feature. Yes, configurable.

I think the REAL question is: Why do you want to use NWNx?

Possible answers:
1) restart my server when it crashes
2) monitor server performance (NWNx plugin: profiler)
3) utilize an external database instead of Bioware's clunky foxpro database
4) and so much more! (see plugins for NWNx)
[NIGHTMARE]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to make sure the mod would still run without changes.

Thanks for the reply. ^_^

-xNTEx-
Ekwalizer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 0:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

4) Is there a reload feature for when a server crashes? And if so, is it time based (and if so is it customizable)?

Yes, it will restart automatically if you encounter a crash.

I'd like to see a "timed" function available that will automatically terminate the NWServer application (allowing NWNX to reload the module).

I have seen on the vault a plugin that will supposedly do this, btu it requires some supporting files that I cannot find anywhere =(
Asmodae

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 16:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ekwalizer wrote:

I have seen on the vault a plugin that will supposedly do this, btu it requires some supporting files that I cannot find anywhere =(

Are you talking about the ResetPlugin? What supporting files do you refer to? The plugin functions as is, but if you want any timers or anything you have to script that yourself. Since we haven't been busy, it suffices for us to simply attache the script to an item and use it when we want to reset the server.
Ekwalizer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 22:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my module reload script:

Code:

//------------------------------a_restart-----------------------------//
void main()
{
object oTarget = GetModule();
string sModuleName = GetModuleName();

DelayCommand(3600.0, SpeakString("! Server will reload in apx 5 hours !", TALKVOLUME_SHOUT ));
    DelayCommand(7200.0, SpeakString("! Server will reload in apx 4 hours !", TALKVOLUME_SHOUT ));
    DelayCommand(10800.0, SpeakString("! Server will reload in apx 3 hours !", TALKVOLUME_SHOUT ));
    DelayCommand(14400.0, SpeakString("! Server will reload in apx 2 hours !", TALKVOLUME_SHOUT ));
    DelayCommand(18000.0, SpeakString("! Server will reload in apx 1 hour !", TALKVOLUME_SHOUT ));
    DelayCommand(19800.0, SpeakString("! Server will reload in apx 30 minutes !", TALKVOLUME_SHOUT ));
    DelayCommand(20700.0, SpeakString("! Server will reload in apx 15 minutes !", TALKVOLUME_SHOUT ));
    DelayCommand(21300.0, SpeakString("! Server will reload in apx 5 minutes !  Please find a safe spot to log off!!", TALKVOLUME_SHOUT ));
    DelayCommand(21480.0, SpeakString("! Server will reload in apx 2 minutes ! Please find a safe spot to log off!!", TALKVOLUME_SHOUT ));
    DelayCommand(21540.0, SpeakString("! Server will reload in apx 1 minute ! Please find a safe spot to log off!!", TALKVOLUME_SHOUT ));

//DelayCommand(21600.0, EndGame (""));
    //DelayCommand(21600.0, StartNewModule("AD_Roleplay"));
    DelayCommand(21605.0, StartNewModule(sModuleName));
    DelayCommand(21630.0, ExecuteScript("rp_adrp_restart",oTarget));
}

Which used to work fine, but now it seems that OnModuleLoad isn't firing this script after the initial reset. Also, this doesn't terminate NWServer.

I D/L'd the reset plugin which seems perfect for what I want, but I found this in the Readme:
Quote:
*Note in order to compile you must also have the NWNX code for the NWNXBase.cpp and NWNXBase.h

Now, it should be noted that I do not run a SQL DB for my module due to the fact that I am SQL ignorant.

It is the .ccp and .h files that give me pause as I do not think I have them, and I cannot find them anywhere.

Any help would be greatly apprciated !
Ekwalizer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 22:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so I found those pesky files located here: C:\Neverwinter Nights\NWN\src\NWNXdll

So now, all I need to do is this?
Code:

void main()
{
    DelayCommand(3600.0, SpeakString("! Server will reload in apx 5 hours !", TALKVOLUME_SHOUT ));
    DelayCommand(7200.0, SpeakString("! Server will reload in apx 4 hours !", TALKVOLUME_SHOUT ));
    DelayCommand(10800.0, SpeakString("! Server will reload in apx 3 hours !", TALKVOLUME_SHOUT ));
    DelayCommand(14400.0, SpeakString("! Server will reload in apx 2 hours !", TALKVOLUME_SHOUT ));
    DelayCommand(18000.0, SpeakString("! Server will reload in apx 1 hour !", TALKVOLUME_SHOUT ));
    DelayCommand(19800.0, SpeakString("! Server will reload in apx 30 minutes !", TALKVOLUME_SHOUT ));
    DelayCommand(20700.0, SpeakString("! Server will reload in apx 15 minutes !", TALKVOLUME_SHOUT ));
    DelayCommand(21300.0, SpeakString("! Server will reload in apx 5 minutes !  Please find a safe spot to log off!!", TALKVOLUME_SHOUT ));
    DelayCommand(21480.0, SpeakString("! Server will reload in apx 2 minutes ! Please find a safe spot to log off!!", TALKVOLUME_SHOUT ));
    DelayCommand(21540.0, SpeakString("! Server will reload in apx 1 minute ! Please find a safe spot to log off!!", TALKVOLUME_SHOUT ));

DelayCCommand (21600.0, SetLocalString(GetModule(),"NWNX!RESETPLUGIN!SHUTDOWN","1"));   
}

Question [/quote]
Ekwalizer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 20:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

That got'er done! Thanks a million Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: