logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NWNX problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows technical support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
9Fires

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 19:26    Post subject: NWNX problem Reply with quote

Okay here is what occurs

- I use NWNX to launch my mod.
- I enter the game through the usual means as a player.
- I get hit by a lag spike that doesn't pass- HOWEVER it only seems to affect me as a player and not the mod which continues to run or any other players that may be in there with me.

I use Bioware's DB and Knat's wrapper - the code in my mod is as solid as solid. I have disabled ALL DB calls in the NWNX.ini or so I believe.

really I only want NWNX for its capability to reload the server and its functionality of allowing me to host and play on the same rig.

If anyone has ideas as to what the heck my problem is - I'd appreciate the help.
Alosynth

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 20:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are serving the mod on the same computer that your playing from, that might be the problem. Your computer might just not have the power for that. Have you tried connecting to your mod from a different computer, or are you and your still getting the slowdown?

Oh.. I didn't read that last sentance there. More than likely your computer doesn't like trying host and play at the same time. One thing you might try though is to run the mod using the nwserver.exe without using the nwnx2.exe. (just double click on nwserver.exe in the root nwn folder). That way you can at least potentially eliminate the problem being caused by NWNX as opposed to putting too much load on your computer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows technical support All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: