logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Character Deletion with NWNx2-Linux builtin?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shadow

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:26    Post subject: Character Deletion with NWNx2-Linux builtin? Reply with quote

Hi

I'm currently having a discussion with someone about setting up auto deletion of characters (like player deleting own character) and he's set in his way that you don't need the leto plugin or anything to delete character bic's

Now i'm a windows man (i'd love to go linux i'm just a n00b at it right now) but anyways i'm pretty sure you need the leto plugin to be able to do it (atleast easily) or that character deletion plugin posted in the modules discussion area to be able to let players delete their own characters but i have no idea if its completely different on the Linux side of things

So someone please set the record straight for me, does the NWNx2 linux install/binaries come standard with the ability to delete characte bics with no new/extra plugins needed

Cheers

ps, sorry if this in the in the wrong spot
Papillon
x-man

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

The linux version does not have that functionality built in.
Shadow

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 13:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers, so i can safely go boot him in the arse now? Very Happy Very Happy
Papillon
x-man

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 15:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

The core functionality of NWNX consists of a method that allows the exchange of information with the outside world.

The plugins use that functionality to offer services like database access or leto script access.

The official tar.gz on nwnx.org does not contain a plugin for character deletion.

Clear Wink ?

Btw, he *could* use stored procedures in his database server to execute arbitrary code, including file deletion. So while it would not be a feature of the official distribution, it can be done with it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: