logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Two rather large problems. Please help!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows technical support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grondal Orcbane

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 15:24    Post subject: Two rather large problems. Please help! Reply with quote

First of all, I have NWNX setup to use the easy sqlite. Seems to be working fine.

I'm trying to make a script that saves a players location when they enter a town. This is the script I'm using, right now, it saves the location but the first location the player hits never gets overwritten. So when they enter a new town, the script runs, but doesn't overwrite the last save location. Instead they bounce back to the first save spot.

#include "aps_include"

void main()
{
object oPC = GetEnteringObject();
object oTarget;
oTarget = GetWaypointByTag("caern");

DeletePersistentVariable(oPC, "ls_stored_loc");

SetPersistentLocation(oPC, "ls_stored_loc", GetLocation(oTarget));
}

Now, a moment ago I added the DeletePersistentVariable line to the script thinking it would work. It doesn't. Or maybe I just have it setup wrong, I'm very good with scripting, but I'm learning.

My second issue comes from my error log, and using Craftable Natural Resources. I am not sure if you guys can help me with this or not, but I figured I would give it a shot. I'm getting multiple errors from CNR and I can't figure out what I don't have setup right. I'm kind of wondering if it is sqlite related.

NWNX ODBC2 plugin V.0.9.2.4
(c) 2005 by Ingmar Stieger (Papillon) and Jeroen Broekhuizen
visit us at http://www.nwnx.org

o Logfile maximum size limit is: 524288 bytes
o Log level: Everything will be logged.
o Using SQLite connection.
o Hooking SCO....hooked at 5d0000
o Hooking RCO....hooked at 5cfee0
o Connect successful.
o Got request: DELETE FROM pwdata WHERE player='~' AND tag='X2_SPIDERDEMO001' AND name='ls_stored_loc'
o Got request: SELECT player FROM pwdata WHERE player='~' AND tag='X2_SPIDERDEMO001' AND name='ls_stored_loc'
o Got request: INSERT INTO pwdata (player,tag,name,val,expire) VALUES('~','X2_SPIDERDEMO001','ls_stored_loc','#AREA#Caern#POSITION_X# 51.648674011#POSITION_Y# 132.962356567#POSITION_Z# -0.000005722#ORIENTATION# 158.906234741#END#',0)
o Got request: DELETE FROM pwdata WHERE player='~' AND tag='X2_SPIDERDEMO001' AND name='ls_stored_loc'
o Got request: SELECT player FROM pwdata WHERE player='~' AND tag='X2_SPIDERDEMO001' AND name='ls_stored_loc'
o Got request: INSERT INTO pwdata (player,tag,name,val,expire) VALUES('~','X2_SPIDERDEMO001','ls_stored_loc','#AREA#Caern#POSITION_X# 51.648674011#POSITION_Y# 132.962356567#POSITION_Z# -0.000005722#ORIENTATION# 158.906234741#END#',0)
o Got request: DELETE FROM pwdata WHERE player='~' AND tag='NW_MALEKID01' AND name='ls_stored_loc'
o Got request: SELECT player FROM pwdata WHERE player='~' AND tag='NW_MALEKID01' AND name='ls_stored_loc'
o Got request: INSERT INTO pwdata (player,tag,name,val,expire) VALUES('~','NW_MALEKID01','ls_stored_loc','#AREA#TheAbyss#POSITION_X# 25.627725601#POSITION_Y# 18.877899170#POSITION_Z# 0.009992370#ORIENTATION# 90.000000000#END#',0)
o Got request: DESCRIBE cnr_misc
! SQL Error: near "DESCRIBE": syntax error
o Sent response (0 bytes):
o Got request: CREATE TABLE cnr_misc (`player` VARCHAR(64) default NULL,`tag` VARCHAR(64) default NULL,`name` VARCHAR(64) default NULL,`val` TEXT,`expire` SMALLINT UNSIGNED default NULL,`last` TIMESTAMP(14) NOT NULL,KEY idx (player,tag,name))
! SQL Error: unrecognized token: "`"
o Got request: SELECT player FROM cnr_misc WHERE player='~' AND tag='MODULE' AND name='cnrForgePublic_DeviceLoaded'
! SQL Error: no such table: cnr_misc
o Got request: INSERT INTO cnr_misc (player,tag,name,val,expire) VALUES('~','MODULE','cnrForgePublic_DeviceLoaded','0',0)
o Got request: SELECT player FROM cnr_misc WHERE player='~' AND tag='MODULE' AND name='cnrIngotRecycler_DeviceLoaded'
o Got request: INSERT INTO cnr_misc (player,tag,name,val,expire) VALUES('~','MODULE','cnrIngotRecycler_DeviceLoaded','0',0)
o Got request: SELECT player FROM cnr_misc WHERE player='~' AND tag='MODULE' AND name='cnrAnvilPublic_DeviceLoaded'
o Got request: INSERT INTO cnr_misc (player,tag,name,val,expire) VALUES('~','MODULE','cnrAnvilPublic_DeviceLoaded','0',0)
o Got request: SELECT player FROM cnr_misc WHERE player='~' AND tag='MODULE' AND name='cnrBrazierSilv_DeviceLoaded'
o Got request: INSERT INTO cnr_misc (player,tag,name,val,expire) VALUES('~','MODULE','cnrBrazierSilv_DeviceLoaded','0',0)
o Got request: SELECT player FROM cnr_misc WHERE player='~' AND tag='MODULE' AND name='cnrBrazierTita_DeviceLoaded'
o Got request: INSERT INTO cnr_misc (player,tag,name,val,expire) VALUES('~','MODULE','cnrBrazierTita_DeviceLoaded','0',0)
o Got request: SELECT player FROM cnr_misc WHERE player='~' AND tag='MODULE' AND name='cnrAnvilArmor_DeviceLoaded'
o Got request: INSERT INTO cnr_misc (player,tag,name,val,expire) VALUES('~','MODULE','cnrAnvilArmor_DeviceLoaded','0',0)
o Got request: SELECT player FROM cnr_misc WHERE player='~' AND tag='MODULE' AND name='cnrAlchemyTable_DeviceLoaded'
o Got request: INSERT INTO cnr_misc (player,tag,name,val,expire) VALUES('~','MODULE','cnrAlchemyTable_DeviceLoaded','0',0)
o Got request: SELECT player FROM cnr_misc WHERE player='~' AND tag='MODULE' AND name='cnrScribeInkDesk_DeviceLoaded'
o Got request: INSERT INTO cnr_misc (player,tag,name,val,expire) VALUES('~','MODULE','cnrScribeInkDesk_DeviceLoaded','0',0)
o Got request: SELECT player FROM cnr_misc WHERE player='~' AND tag='MODULE' AND name='cnrScribeLesser_DeviceLoaded'
o Got request: INSERT INTO cnr_misc (player,tag,name,val,expire) VALUES('~','MODULE','cnrScribeLesser_DeviceLoaded','0',0)
o Got request: SELECT player FROM cnr_misc WHERE player='~' AND tag='MODULE' AND name='cnrScribeAverage_DeviceLoaded'
o Got request: INSERT INTO cnr_misc (player,tag,name,val,expire) VALUES('~','MODULE','cnrScribeAverage_DeviceLoaded','0',0)
o Got request: SELECT player FROM cnr_misc WHERE player='~' AND tag='MODULE' AND name='cnrScribeGreater_DeviceLoaded'
o Got request: INSERT INTO cnr_misc (player,tag,name,val,expire) VALUES('~','MODULE','cnrScribeGreater_DeviceLoaded','0',0)
o Got request: SELECT player FROM cnr_misc WHERE player='~' AND tag='MODULE' AND name='cnrTinkersDevice_DeviceLoaded'
o Got request: INSERT INTO cnr_misc (player,tag,name,val,expire) VALUES('~','MODULE','cnrTinkersDevice_DeviceLoaded','0',0)
o Got request: SELECT player FROM cnr_misc WHERE player='~' AND tag='MODULE' AND name='cnrTinkerToolbox_DeviceLoaded'
o Got request: INSERT INTO cnr_misc (player,tag,name,val,expire) VALUES('~','MODULE','cnrTinkerToolbox_DeviceLoaded','0',0)
o Got request: SELECT player FROM cnr_misc WHERE player='~' AND tag='MODULE' AND name='cnrTinkerFurnace_DeviceLoaded'
o Got request: INSERT INTO cnr_misc (player,tag,name,val,expire) VALUES('~','MODULE','cnrTinkerFurnace_DeviceLoaded','0',0)
o Got request: SELECT player FROM cnr_misc WHERE player='~' AND tag='MODULE' AND name='cnrCarpsBench_DeviceLoaded'
o Got request: INSERT INTO cnr_misc (player,tag,name,val,expire) VALUES('~','MODULE','cnrCarpsBench_DeviceLoaded','0',0)
o Got request: SELECT player FROM cnr_misc WHERE player='~' AND tag='MODULE' AND name='cnrEnchantAltar_DeviceLoaded'
o Got request: INSERT INTO cnr_misc (player,tag,name,val,expire) VALUES('~','MODULE','cnrEnchantAltar_DeviceLoaded','0',0)
o Got request: SELECT player FROM cnr_misc WHERE player='~' AND tag='MODULE' AND name='cnrEnchantStatue_DeviceLoaded'
o Got request: INSERT INTO cnr_misc (player,tag,name,val,expire) VALUES('~','MODULE','cnrEnchantStatue_DeviceLoaded','0',0)
o Got request: SELECT player FROM cnr_misc WHERE player='~' AND tag='MODULE' AND name='cnrEnchantPool_DeviceLoaded'
o Got request: INSERT INTO cnr_misc (player,tag,name,val,expire) VALUES('~','MODULE','cnrEnchantPool_DeviceLoaded','0',0)
o Got request: SELECT player FROM cnr_misc WHERE player='~' AND tag='MODULE' AND name='cnrGemStone_DeviceLoaded'
o Got request: INSERT INTO cnr_misc (player,tag,name,val,expire) VALUES('~','MODULE','cnrGemStone_DeviceLoaded','0',0)
o Got request: SELECT player FROM cnr_misc WHERE player='~' AND tag='MODULE' AND name='cnrGemTable_DeviceLoaded'
o Got request: INSERT INTO cnr_misc (player,tag,name,val,expire) VALUES('~','MODULE','cnrGemTable_DeviceLoaded','0',0)
o Got request: SELECT player FROM cnr_misc WHERE player='~' AND tag='MODULE' AND name='cnrJewelersBench_DeviceLoaded'
o Got request: INSERT INTO cnr_misc (player,tag,name,val,expire) VALUES('~','MODULE','cnrJewelersBench_DeviceLoaded','0',0)
o Got request: SELECT player FROM cnr_misc WHERE player='~' AND tag='MODULE' AND name='cnrTailorsTable_DeviceLoaded'
o Got request: INSERT INTO cnr_misc (player,tag,name,val,expire) VALUES('~','MODULE','cnrTailorsTable_DeviceLoaded','0',0)
o Got request: SELECT player FROM cnr_misc WHERE player='~' AND tag='MODULE' AND name='cnrCuringTub_DeviceLoaded'
o Got request: INSERT INTO cnr_misc (player,tag,name,val,expire) VALUES('~','MODULE','cnrCuringTub_DeviceLoaded','0',0)
o Got request: SELECT player FROM cnr_misc WHERE player='~' AND tag='MODULE' AND name='cnrHideRack_DeviceLoaded'
o Got request: INSERT INTO cnr_misc (player,tag,name,val,expire) VALUES('~','MODULE','cnrHideRack_DeviceLoaded','0',0)
o Got request: SELECT player FROM cnr_misc WHERE player='~' AND tag='MODULE' AND name='cnrBrewersKeg_DeviceLoaded'
o Got request: INSERT INTO cnr_misc (player,tag,name,val,expire) VALUES('~','MODULE','cnrBrewersKeg_DeviceLoaded','0',0)
o Got request: SELECT player FROM cnr_misc WHERE player='~' AND tag='MODULE' AND name='cnrBrewersKettle_DeviceLoaded'
o Got request: INSERT INTO cnr_misc (player,tag,name,val,expire) VALUES('~','MODULE','cnrBrewersKettle_DeviceLoaded','0',0)
o Got request: SELECT player FROM cnr_misc WHERE player='~' AND tag='MODULE' AND name='cnrBrewersOven_DeviceLoaded'
o Got request: INSERT INTO cnr_misc (player,tag,name,val,expire) VALUES('~','MODULE','cnrBrewersOven_DeviceLoaded','0',0)
o Got request: SELECT player FROM cnr_misc WHERE player='~' AND tag='MODULE' AND name='cnrBakersOven_DeviceLoaded'
o Got request: INSERT INTO cnr_misc (player,tag,name,val,expire) VALUES('~','MODULE','cnrBakersOven_DeviceLoaded','0',0)
o Got request: SELECT player FROM cnr_misc WHERE player='~' AND tag='MODULE' AND name='cnrFarmersMill_DeviceLoaded'
o Got request: INSERT INTO cnr_misc (player,tag,name,val,expire) VALUES('~','MODULE','cnrFarmersMill_DeviceLoaded','0',0)
o Got request: SELECT player FROM cnr_misc WHERE player='~' AND tag='MODULE' AND name='cnrFarmersPress_DeviceLoaded'
o Got request: INSERT INTO cnr_misc (player,tag,name,val,expire) VALUES('~','MODULE','cnrFarmersPress_DeviceLoaded','0',0)
o Got request: SELECT player FROM cnr_misc WHERE player='~' AND tag='MODULE' AND name='cnrWaterTub_DeviceLoaded'
o Got request: INSERT INTO cnr_misc (player,tag,name,val,expire) VALUES('~','MODULE','cnrWaterTub_DeviceLoaded','0',0)
o Got request: SELECT val FROM cnr_misc WHERE player='~' AND tag='MODULE' AND name='CnrBoolBuildRecipeDatabase'
o Got request: SELECT val FROM cnr_misc WHERE player='~' AND tag='MODULE' AND name='CnrBoolRecipeDataIsPersistent'
o Got request: SELECT val FROM cnr_misc WHERE player='~' AND tag='MODULE' AND name='CnrBoolInitRecipesOnModuleLoad'
o Got request: SELECT player FROM cnr_misc WHERE player='~' AND tag='MODULE' AND name='cnrTestScroll_DeviceLoaded'
o Got request: INSERT INTO cnr_misc (player,tag,name,val,expire) VALUES('~','MODULE','cnrTestScroll_DeviceLoaded','0',0)
o Got request: SELECT val FROM cnr_misc WHERE player='~' AND tag='MODULE' AND name='CnrBoolInitRecipesOnModuleLoad'
o Got request: SELECT val FROM pwdata WHERE player='Grondal Orcbane' AND tag='Jach Kelm' AND name='ls_stored_loc'
o Sent response (137 bytes): #AREA#Caern#POSITION_X# 84.060913086#POSITION_Y# 76.345176697#POSITION_Z# 0.000000000#ORIENTATION# 90.000000000#END#
o Got request: DELETE FROM pwdata WHERE player='Grondal Orcbane' AND tag='Jach Kelm' AND name='ls_stored_loc'
o Got request: SELECT player FROM pwdata WHERE player='Grondal Orcbane' AND tag='Jach Kelm' AND name='ls_stored_loc'
o Got request: INSERT INTO pwdata (player,tag,name,val,expire) VALUES('Grondal Orcbane','Jach Kelm','ls_stored_loc','#AREA#Caern#POSITION_X# 51.648674011#POSITION_Y# 132.962356567#POSITION_Z# -0.000005722#ORIENTATION# 158.906234741#END#',0)

Any help on either of these issues would be greatly appreciated. I've spent some sleepless nights trying to figure it out. I'm sure it is something simple that I'm just not catching.
Acrodania

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 18:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your problem is right here:

Code:

o Got request: CREATE TABLE cnr_misc (`player` VARCHAR(64) default NULL,`tag` VARCHAR(64) default NULL,`name` VARCHAR(64) default NULL,`val` TEXT,`expire` SMALLINT UNSIGNED default NULL,`last` TIMESTAMP(14) NOT NULL,KEY idx (player,tag,name))

Your INI file is setup to use the default SQLite connection but your script is using MySQL specific SQL commands. You have two choices:

1) Use MySQL instead of SQLite. Load MySQL and set it up and then alter the NWNX.INI file appropriately..
2) Convert the scripts to use SQL commands that SQLite understands.

Given you don't know what else is going to not work right I would recommend using MySQL if you can Smile

Hope that helps!!
Grondal Orcbane

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 20:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acrodania wrote:
Your problem is right here:

Code:

Your INI file is setup to use the default SQLite connection but your script is using MySQL specific SQL commands. You have two choices:

1) Use MySQL instead of SQLite. Load MySQL and set it up and then alter the NWNX.INI file appropriately..
2) Convert the scripts to use SQL commands that SQLite understands.

Given you don't know what else is going to not work right I would recommend using MySQL if you can Smile

Hope that helps!!

It does help. I figured it was something like that. I'm new the the sql db world, so I can only guess certain things. I looked over the CNR script before installing and though to myself, this will probably not support sqlite since it came out before the internal database. Figured I'd hit a bump.

So, do you know what I could be doing wrong with the save location script too? That is what is really killing me heheh.. although not having all those errors will be nice too.
Grondal Orcbane

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 22:11    Post subject: Okay, I need help now. Reply with quote

Alright, I tried to get things set up for mysql, downloaded msql-front as you guys stated, but I just don't understand it enough to get things running. mysqld-net.exe is running as a task, but I can't connect to with Front because it says the client is outdated. I can connect to it using the mysql client that came with it, but I'm pretty sure I need to know exactly how to code mysql to build the db that way.

I'm lost. So, any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Heh..
Acrodania

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 22:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try downloading the MySQL Administrator from MySQL's site. MySQL Front doesn't support the newer authentications that MySQL uses. MySQL front works best with MySQL version 4.0.18 and earlier....

There are a lot of help documents on MySQL's site that can help get your user setup and the database configured. Hopefully they will give you what you need, I won't be able to respond in any detail (ever tried typing long directions on a Blackberry?).

Luck!
Grondal Orcbane

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your help. I got the mysql db setup, it solved both of my problems. I actually like it a lot better than access, and sqlite because I can actually see what is going on with the db when I'm not in the game. Good stuff!
Grondal Orcbane

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 15:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

To any new people that may stumble apon this thread.

Use MySql, its worth the trouble of setting it up. A lot of the older scripts that use Nwnx use the mysql functions (I.E - Craftable Natural Resources), unless you understand mysql enough to alter the code for these scripts, just set up mysql on your server pc.

Stuff you'll need for it:

Mysql server 5.0 * - Loads the mysql server program.
Mysql Admin * - Allows you to setup users, security and also the database.

These programs are self installing, and have a nice interface, I know next to nothing about mysql but I was able to setup the nwn database.

Where you can find these programs:

http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/

Hopefully this helps. There are a lot of threads on this board where people had problems like me, but they never posted their fix for the issue.
Acrodania

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 18:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you got it working Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows technical support All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: