logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What's gonna happen?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows technical support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chavez243

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 16:32    Post subject: What's gonna happen? Reply with quote

read about PW & NWNX in the NWN forums and decided to give this product a try. Currently running auto-save based PW in a story NWN setting. Players are most of the way thru Chapter 1 - what, if anything, will happen when I install NWNX and launch the server with NWNX -load 1? Will the system start making use of the SQLite db?
Acrodania

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 17:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Running NWNX has absolutely no effect on the module unless you specifically add the programming to support it.

So no, it won't start using the NWNX databases. You have to open the modules and add the code to support it. The only thing it would give you without editing the module is that it will restart your server should it crash.
chavez243

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 20:27    Post subject: What's gonna happen? Reply with quote

thanks for the clarification - makes sense.

how involved is cracking open an original NWN module and editing to suit use of NWNX? My current PW has only a few players - we just want to be able to wander through the NWN series as a group. It's been working fine with the auto-save method so far, but I'd like to pre-empt any problems that might arise from that technique, if I can.
Rami_Ahmed

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't really see the need for NWNx2 for something like that. But I don't know. It's not hard to implent. But if you don't want to change any scripts (and/or don't know scripting) you could just use NWNx2 for restarting the server wiithout using the ODBC (Database storage).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows technical support All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: