logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Item files - UArmorPart_* fields?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zebranky

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:34    Post subject: Item files - UArmorPart_* fields? Reply with quote

This is only moderately related to NWNx, but is something I've hit debugging SCORCO pchests. I have a piece of armor trapped in a chest, due to the object in the chest placeable being different (and thus havnig a different hash) from the data in the pblueprint table. I altered GetHash() to store the hash and data in a pcontdebug table, with the same structure as the pblueprint table. I found that the object whose hash is being checked (i.e. the armor instance in the placeable, in game) has fields UArmorPart_Belt, etc., with the same names and values as the ArmorPart_* fields, except for the U at the beginning. Does anyone know what these fields are for, and why they are being created when the object is spawned?
Via Con Diablos

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe they are a new addition in the 1.67 Bioware patch that prevents problems when an item is created using armour parts in a hak, and then moved to a server that doesn't have that hak. So if say, you use torso 163, which is part of the cep haks (I don't know if it really is, but the example still makes sense) and standard bioware torsos only go to range 150, the UArmour torso will be in the range of safe numbers (IE no greater than 150).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Scripts and Modules All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: