logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems with 1.68

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows technical support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ekwalizer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 15:47    Post subject: Problems with 1.68 Reply with quote

I posted this on the NWN boards, but have received little help. In fact they told me to ask here:
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
So, I updated my server to 1.68 and now nwnx2 will not automatically load my module.
Module name: AD_Roleplay
NWNX2 target settings: "C:\Neverwinter Nights\NWN\NWNX2.exe" -module "AD_Roleplay"

All of my other settings are handled inside the nwnplayer.ini file and nwnx2 finds them with no problem.

NWNX2 actually finds the module, but it isn't transferring it over to the server application.

Also, on the server GUI it says Idle, login disabled. for some reason.

Even if I manually select the module, it does not display the Loading message.

EDIT: I actually reverted to the next previous version of my module (1.67) and it came up fine.

Any thoughts?
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Quote:

Georg Zoeller
Designer
You would have to contact the NWNX Creators

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Actually I think my server didn't update properly, since I was able to revert to my previous version, based on 1.67 and everything worked fine.

EDIT:There were actually several bugs, but the nwnx2/nwserver aspect worked fine.

Also, like I said, NWNX reads the module, but it isn't making it to the NWNServer application. Which leads me to believe that my module is 1.68 and yet my server maintained 1.67.

I've also tried to install and run the NWUpdate 1.23, but it gives me the following message:
Neverwinter Nights Install Path Not Found
Even though it is installed here:
C:\Neverwinter Nights\NWN

Server App says my version is v8093

Any thoughts?
virusman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 16:02    Post subject: Re: Problems with 1.68 Reply with quote

Ekwalizer wrote:
I posted this on the NWN boards, but have received little help. In fact they told me to ask here:
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
So, I updated my server to 1.68 and now nwnx2 will not automatically load my module.
Module name: AD_Roleplay
NWNX2 target settings: "C:\Neverwinter Nights\NWN\NWNX2.exe" -module "AD_Roleplay"

All of my other settings are handled inside the nwnplayer.ini file and nwnx2 finds them with no problem.

NWNX2 actually finds the module, but it isn't transferring it over to the server application.

Also, on the server GUI it says Idle, login disabled. for some reason.

Even if I manually select the module, it does not display the Loading message.

EDIT: I actually reverted to the next previous version of my module (1.67) and it came up fine.

Any thoughts?
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Quote:

Georg Zoeller
Designer
You would have to contact the NWNX Creators

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Actually I think my server didn't update properly, since I was able to revert to my previous version, based on 1.67 and everything worked fine.

EDIT:There were actually several bugs, but the nwnx2/nwserver aspect worked fine.

Also, like I said, NWNX reads the module, but it isn't making it to the NWNServer application. Which leads me to believe that my module is 1.68 and yet my server maintained 1.67.

I've also tried to install and run the NWUpdate 1.23, but it gives me the following message:
Neverwinter Nights Install Path Not Found
Even though it is installed here:
C:\Neverwinter Nights\NWN

Server App says my version is v8093

Any thoughts?
Try to reinstall NWN or use critical rebuild. 8093 is 1.67.
Gryphyn

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 0:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you using the "Dedicated Server" for your PW?

The "update" button doesn't do anything with this.
You will need to download the 1.68 version of the "Dedicated Server" to do the update.

Cheers
Gryphyn
FunkySwerve

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reposted here since you seemed to have missed my response in Server Admin. There's something to be said for one post per topic....

Quote:

I'll suggest that you post on the nwnx forums with this, rather than here, but first:
Did you add anything else when you updated? Because a module can only have a bit over 16,000 resources before it will refuse to load, whether you use nwnx or not. You'll have to get back under that mark if that's the case.

If that isn't the case, make sure you post you full nwnx.ini file and you nwnx logs when you post to the nwnx forums, as the first response will ask for them if you haven't already.
Funky

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 22:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to use the critical rebuild link. What I always do is get a client working, my server isnt actually an install, I just copy the NWN directory to the server and that has always worked...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows technical support All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: