logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NWNX and 64bit OS's

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Here_I_Stand

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:08    Post subject: NWNX and 64bit OS's Reply with quote

I have been trying everything these last few days trying to get this to work. I consider myself a pretty competent computer guy. A bard if you will who is no genius at any one aspect but can do just about anything that needs doing so when I went to set NWNX up for a PW I acquired I read the various Doc's and didn't really see this being any problem. Well three days later and hours of frustration I think/hope I have stumbled on to my problem. I runa purely 64bit envruionment. I can't make anything in NWNX to work. It will laod the specified Mod and restart it if you close the server. It doesn't create a DB, LOG files, profiler does nothing. there isn't any error files anywhere and even the demo mod doesn't actually work. It says it does, creates a table, saves a variable/object and then trys to retreive it though it failes there and I would imagine that is beacuase there isn't a DB.

If anyone can confirm this or at least offer some insight into my problem if they doin't believe that is my problem.

Thank you for your time.
Here_I_Stand

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I answered my own question by looking in the NWN2 forums, hadn't thought of that, and one Acrondia posted this
Quote:

A perfect example is the MadCHook library which NWNX uses. It doesn't work under x64. There is a beta version being developed that does and there is also a patch that can be applied but natively it dies.....

So now I am off to investigate this BETA and how soon it might be available.

Thanks ME... Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: