logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Server keeps crashing everytime I load NWNX

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows technical support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brintinacx

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 22:25    Post subject: Server keeps crashing everytime I load NWNX Reply with quote

Didn't know if this was right forum or not. I just downloaded NWNX for uase with my PW. I used the command line, to specify which module to use. Dosen't say anywhere wether to use the "" or not, I have tried it both ways, and in the NWNX window, it keeps saying server crashed, again nad agin. Whats going on? It will not load module. Yes, I double checked, and triple checked, spelling of MOD, its exactly as it appears, but it keeps crashing, anyone know why?
Frang

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 22:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im taking it that your using some version of linux to run your server?
If so back when I ran linux there was a problem with using capital letters and spaces in the mod name, May want to try that first.
Brintinacx

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry, am not running linux. but of course your gonna have spaces in a MOD's name, would be stupid not to allow for spaces. So I have to change the name of my MOD so I can use NWNX? No thanks then.
Frang

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didnt say that. I said back when I used linux this was a problem.

1. If your using windows then why use the command line to set the module? You can set that in the included nwnx.ini file that should now be in your nwn folder.

2. Check in your nwn/log.0 folder and read the files that nwnx is putting out if you have the odbc and the profiler.dll's in your nwn folder is will give you any errors and will most likely give you an answer to your problem.
kungfoowiz

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

You shouldn't have the .mod extension included.
A typical commandline for NWNX2 would be:
Code:
C:\Neverwinter Nights\NWN\NWNX2.EXE -module "My Module"

---
kung
Brintinacx

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

*sighs* Why would you assume I'm using the .mod extension, just ask me first. I'm not using it. And again, do you use the quotation marks or no? Dosen't matter I guess, I've used it both ways, and it will not load mod. The little box where it says "crashes", keeps running up numbers, so i assume the mod just keeps crashing, it gives no indication that the mod has loaded either. Anyone else now what to do here?

EDIT: I guess a better question then, do I still load mod using nwnserver? Or does NWNX load the server, I assumed NWNX loads the server, if not, then that's the problem. Says no where to use nwnserver to load mod, but...well ya never know...
Brintinacx

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for double post, was too late to edit again. I read elsewhere on this forum, that when you start NWNX it automatically starts NWNserver, which is not the case with me. It does not start that app. So....now..what?
FunkySwerve

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 23:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are all the files you downloaded located in your nwn directory? You can find a straightfoward installation guide on the SIMTools Vault page. While it also includes instructions for installing SIMTools, it might help you figure out where if anywhere you've gone wrong:

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Scripts.Detail&id=2993

Funky
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows technical support All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: