logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DMFI and SimTools?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chunkymonky

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:38    Post subject: DMFI and SimTools? Reply with quote

Can these two work nicely together? I would love to implement the SimTools system into my mod, but I have the DMFI in there already, and use the rest system included in the latest release, and like it a bunch..but I would also love to have the functionality of the SimTools.

Anyone?
FunkySwerve

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I basically wrote SIMTools because I wasn't happy with DFMI (and hence never used it). So having both would be very duplicative. Im not sure what's entailed in the DMFI rest system, but I'd recommend stripping out the DMFI listening stuff if you attempt this - the SIMTools listening takes advantage of a plugin (nwnx_chat) that was created after DMFI was designed - making SIMTools both more flexible and efficient at the things it does. There's an update in the works as well, that adds a bunch more command options - but still no rest system. Feel free to post in our forums if you have more specific questions, though I must warn you my familiarity with DMFI is somewhat limited.
http://highergroundpoa.proboards3.com/index.cgi?board=simtools

Funky
chunkymonky

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 17:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Funky for the reply.

I am not sure how well the DMFI systems can be stripped down. They are pretty invasive. I may end up removing it altogether and copying what I can of their rest system, we'll see
chunkymonky

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interestingly, I have added SIMTools to the mod, and left DMFI alone (I shut off the DMFI listener, thats all) and nothing broke. In fact, adding SIMTools and adding sqlite support sped stuff up
FunkySwerve

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear it. Smile
Funky
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Scripts and Modules All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: