logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

On Dm enter server crash....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
serafim

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:05    Post subject: On Dm enter server crash.... Reply with quote

I'm running a nwn2 (italian) server ( http://entara2.gamesnet.it/ )....

We use the great rowell package and nwnx4 and sqlyte3.3.9...(EDIT: game version 1.04.870)

All works fine ..until we try to log with the dm client.

Any time we try the dm client the server go crashing.

I make some try and found that the first inditiate is the OnClientEnter script:

Code:
#include "row_inc_quest"

void main() {
   object oPC = GetEnteringObject();

if (GetIsPC(oPC)) {
      Row_ModuleEnter(oPC);
      Row_ModulePlayerLoaded(oPC);
      RQS_PlayerEnter(oPC);
   }

// INSERT YOUR OWN CODE BELOW
   // ===================================================================================

}

the code is from rowell (that i really thanks with all my heart for his great work.

On my point of view i cant found wat is wrong with it...on player client side it works fine...

Probably DM client works a way different from player side...but i can't figure out.

Can someone help me??
DemonLord

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get the same crash issue and I also use Rowell's PW toolkit.

I believe its the 1.04 "hot fix" patch. I mentioned the crashing issue Rowell and he also believes its the hot fix causeing it. The 1.04 "hot fix" seems to have caused more issues than it fixed.......

Edit: Well I done a DM Client test useing the Tutorial module on NWN2 and server didnt crash.....This is weird.....I dont know what is crashing it either.

Edit: I done some searching on the vault and the 1.04 update had some Dm Client fixes and it may be script related. I posted about it at Rowells forums also about it.
Rowell

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 18:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problems were script related. Generally, the script tried to BootPC() the character....twice. The first time, the player is booted. The second BootPC() call, there is no PC logged on in that object, so the crash occurs.

This fix was uploaded to NWvault at least a couple weeks ago.

Also, please be sure that the Player is marked in the database to be a DM. The "isDM" field is checked whenever a player logs in as a DM. If the "isDM" field is not set to true (1), then the player is booted.

Enjoy!
FunkySwerve

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

The same issue was present in 1. It's good coding practice in nwn to check for validity of the pc object before any boot.
Funky
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Scripts and Modules All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: