logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Converting scripts to NWNX for existing mod.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows technical support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anya

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 5:43    Post subject: Converting scripts to NWNX for existing mod. Reply with quote

I am trying to convert my mod to using the NWNX database. I created a table for pwdata and pwobjdata using the tables from the demo. So far I have gotten it to work for saving my players locations with pwdata, but the pwobjdata does not seem to be working.

This is my code which I have converted, using pretty much the same method I did for pwdata. The commented out script is the origional setup.

Code:

// Used to save an item location.
void SaveCorpse( object oItem) {

else.
      if( GetResRef( oItem) == PC_CORPSE_ITEM &&  !GetIsPC(GetItemPossessor(oItem)))

{

int nIndex = GetPersistentInt(oItem, CorpseDBCount, "pwobjdata") + 1;
                   //GetCampaignInt(CorpseDB, CorpseDBCount) + 1;

SetLocalInt(oItem, CorpseLocalIndex, nIndex);

StoreCampaignObject("pwobjdata", CorpseDBArray + IntToString(nIndex), oItem);

SetPersistentLocation(oItem, CorpseDBLocationArray + IntToString(nIndex), GetLocation(oItem), 0, "pwobjdata");
      //SetCampaignLocation(CorpseDB, CorpseDBLocationArray + IntToString(nIndex),GetLocation(oItem));

SetPersistentInt(oItem, CorpseDBCount, nIndex, 0, "pwobjdata");
      //SetCampaignInt(CorpseDB, CorpseDBCount, nIndex);

}

}

Did I make a little mistake somewhere? Or am I going about it completely wrong? Any help will be very appreciated.
Grinning Fool

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 7:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this NWNX2 or NWNX4? If NWNX4, the object persistence is not yet implemented.

Looking for volunteers.
Anya

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 7:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using NWNX2.
Papillon
x-man

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 8:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
else.

Does your script even compile ?
Anya

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 3:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how that else got there. Its not even in my origional script.
And..oops Embarassed I don't know why I put that script there. The saving part seems to be working. Its the actual calling the object back after mod load that is not.

Here is the mod load script I converted, which I really think I didn't do right...

Code:

#include "aps_include"
void main()
{

SQLInit();

SetLocalString( GetModule(), "X2_S_UD_SPELLSCRIPT", "_spell_hook");

object oMod = GetModule();
    object oCorpse = OBJECT_INVALID;
    location lCorpse;
    int nCount = 0;
    int nIndex =  GetPersistentInt(oCorpse, CorpseDBCount, "pwobjdata");
                //GetCampaignInt(CorpseDB, CorpseDBCount);

while ( nIndex > 0 )
    {

lCorpse = GetPersistentLocation(oCorpse, CorpseDBLocationArray + IntToString(nIndex), "pwobjdata");
        //lCorpse = GetCampaignLocation(CorpseDB, CorpseDBLocationArray + IntToString(nIndex));

oCorpse = RetrieveCampaignObject("pwobjdata", CorpseDBArray + IntToString(nIndex), lCorpse);

DeletePersistentVariable(oCorpse, CorpseDBLocationArray + IntToString(nIndex), "pwobjdata");
      //DeleteCampaignVariable(CorpseDB, CorpseDBLocationArray + IntToString(nIndex));

DeletePersistentVariable(oCorpse, CorpseDBArray + IntToString(nIndex), "pwobjdata");
      //DeleteCampaignVariable(CorpseDB, CorpseDBArray + IntToString(nIndex));

if ( oCorpse != OBJECT_INVALID )
        {

nCount++;

SetLocalObject(oMod, CorpseDBArray + IntToString(nCount), oCorpse);
            SetLocalLocation(oMod, CorpseDBLocationArray + IntToString(nCount), lCorpse);
        }

nIndex--;
    }

SetPersistentInt(oCorpse, CorpseDBCount,nCount, 0, "pwobjdata");
    //SetCampaignInt(CorpseDB, CorpseDBCount, nCount);

while ( nCount > 0 )
    {

oCorpse = GetLocalObject(oMod, CorpseDBArray + IntToString(nCount));
        lCorpse = GetLocalLocation(oMod, CorpseDBLocationArray + IntToString(nCount));

StoreCampaignObject("pwobjdata", CorpseDBArray + IntToString(nCount), oCorpse);

SetPersistentLocation(oCorpse, CorpseDBLocationArray + IntToString(nCount), lCorpse, 0, "pwobjdata");
      //SetCampaignLocation(CorpseDB, CorpseDBLocationArray + IntToString(nCount),lCorpse);

SetLocalInt(oCorpse, CorpseLocalIndex, nCount);

nCount--;
}
}

This is what I get after save has been initiated
o Logfile maximum size limit is: 524288 bytes
o Log level: Everything will be logged.
o Using SQLite connection.
o Hooking SCO....hooked at 5d3560
o Hooking RCO....hooked at 5d3440
o Connect successful.
o Got request: SELECT val FROM pwobjdata WHERE player='~' AND tag='' AND name='CorpseCount'
o Sent response (1 bytes): 0
o Got request: SELECT player FROM pwobjdata WHERE player='~' AND tag='' AND name='CorpseCount'
o Sent response (1 bytes): ~
o Got request: UPDATE pwobjdata SET val='0',expire=0 WHERE player='~' AND tag='' AND name='CorpseCount'
o Got request: SELECT val FROM pwdata WHERE player='AnyaTatsuya' AND tag='Anya Tatsuya' AND name='AnyaTatsuya'
o Sent response (140 bytes): #AREA#Athkatla#POSITION_X# 168.263092041#POSITION_Y# 109.144638062#POSITION_Z# 0.000000000#ORIENTATION# 141.183074951#END#
o Got request: SELECT val FROM pwobjdata WHERE player='~' AND tag='QV6A76CRAnyaTatsuyaAnyaTatsuya' AND name='CorpseCount'
o Sent response (1 bytes): 4
o Got request: SELECT player FROM pwobjdata WHERE player='~' AND tag='QV6A76CRAnyaTatsuyaAnyaTatsuya' AND name='CorpseLocation5'
o Sent response (0 bytes):
o Got request: INSERT INTO pwobjdata (player,tag,name,val,expire) VALUES('~','QV6A76CRAnyaTatsuyaAnyaTatsuya','CorpseLocation5','#AREA#Athkatla#POSITION_X# 164.770401001#POSITION_Y# 106.165122986#POSITION_Z# 0.000000000#ORIENTATION# 199.515625000#END#',0)
o Got request: SELECT player FROM pwobjdata WHERE player='~' AND tag='QV6A76CRAnyaTatsuyaAnyaTatsuya' AND name='CorpseCount'
o Got request: UPDATE pwobjdata SET val='5',expire=0 WHERE player='~' AND tag='QV6A76CRAnyaTatsuyaAnyaTatsuya' AND name='CorpseCount'

This is what I get after reloading the mod.
o Logfile maximum size limit is: 524288 bytes
o Log level: Everything will be logged.
o Using SQLite connection.
o Hooking SCO....hooked at 5d3560
o Hooking RCO....hooked at 5d3440
o Connect successful.
o Got request: SELECT val FROM pwobjdata WHERE player='~' AND tag='' AND name='CorpseCount'
o Sent response (1 bytes): 0
o Got request: SELECT player FROM pwobjdata WHERE player='~' AND tag='' AND name='CorpseCount'
o Got request: UPDATE pwobjdata SET val='0',expire=0 WHERE player='~' AND tag='' AND name='CorpseCount'
o Got request: SELECT val FROM pwdata WHERE player='AnyaTatsuya' AND tag='Anya Tatsuya' AND name='AnyaTatsuya'
o Sent response (140 bytes): #AREA#Athkatla#POSITION_X# 168.263092041#POSITION_Y# 109.144638062#POSITION_Z# 0.000000000#ORIENTATION# 141.183074951#END#
o Disconnecting from database.
Papillon
x-man

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 23:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:

object oCorpse = OBJECT_INVALID;
int nIndex =  GetPersistentInt(oCorpse, CorpseDBCount, "pwobjdata");

1. You are storing data on an invalid object. I'd use GetModule() in the call to GetPersistentInt and all subsequent calls that accesses general (i.e. not object specific) data.

2. The pwobjdata table is just for storing binary object data. For normal variables, just omit the parameter and it will use the default table "pwdata".

Code:

RetrieveCampaignObject()

This is not the NWNX function to retrieve object data. Use GetPersistentObject from aps_include instead. Same for StoreCampaignObject().

These are just some quick hints to get you started. In general, I would consider to rewrite to whole script to make it more 'SQLish'. You are using kludges by just converting it 1:1, that aren't really necessary with SQL...
Anya

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 3:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, for the information. I think I'll get started on rewriting that script. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows technical support All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: