logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

nwnx_character
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MobiuSRIT

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 17:12    Post subject: nwnx_character Reply with quote

My post to a thread in Development should really have been a post in TechSupport with a link, so I'm doing that now.

My question:

'm getting the following in my xp_character.txt file when I try to execute a DeleteCharacter() call:

* Plugin initialized.
* Plugin GetString( psFunction = GETBIC, psParam1 = C:/Documents and Settings/Administrator/My Documents/Neverwinter Nights 2/servervault/MobiuSRIT/*.bic, nParam2 = 0 )
* C:/Documents and Settings/Administrator/My Documents/Neverwinter Nights 2/servervault/MobiuSRIT\mobiustest.bic = GetBICFilename( C:/Documents and Settings/Administrator/My Documents/Neverwinter Nights 2/servervault/MobiuSRIT/*.bic )

What's curious to me is the "\" in the path where mostly "/" are used. But, that bic file IS the correct bic for the character that executed the call.

The other thread:
http://www.nwnx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=925
kungfoowiz

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 21:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx's for the tip, I'll look into this.
kungfoowiz

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 23:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, you're right. The issue isn't the path or separators, doesn't matter whether they're forward or backslashes. This is what wxWidgets file functions (used instead of Win32 API, just in case NWNX4 ever gets ported to Linux) return anyway.

I think the issue right now is that the character file is still locked by the game program, NWN2. So, we're gonna need some sort of delay between deletes and edits to the files for the plugin to work.
AcadiusLost

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having a somewhat different issue with the character plugin. When I attempt a SetBaseSkillRank() operation, I get an error thrown by BicFunctions.exe which hangs the server till it's acknowledged, but does not crash it.

This is on Microsoft XP, SP2 - using NWNx4 1.08

Error signature is:
Quote:
AppName: bicfunctions.exe AppVer: 1.0.2778.32685 AppStamp:46bc8dba
ModName: kernel32.dll ModVer: 5.1.2600.2180 ModStamp:411096b4
fDebug: 0 Offset: 0001eb33

the xp_character.txt file reads like things went successfully:

Quote:
NWNX Character Plugin V.0.0.0.4
(c) 2006 by Ingmar Stieger (Papillon)
visit us at http://www.nwnx.org

* Plugin initialized.
* Plugin GetString( psFunction = GETBIC, psParam1 = E:/Servervault/AcadiusLost/*.bic, nParam2 = 0 )
* E:/Servervault/AcadiusLost\nooverrideelf.bic = GetBICFilename( E:/Servervault/AcadiusLost/*.bic )
* Plugin GetString( psFunction = GETBIC, psParam1 = E:/Servervault/AcadiusLost/*.bic, nParam2 = 0 )
* E:/Servervault/AcadiusLost\nooverrideelf.bic = GetBICFilename( E:/Servervault/AcadiusLost/*.bic )
* Plugin SetString( psFunction = UPDATE, psParam1 = E:/Servervault/AcadiusLost\nooverrideelf.bic, nParam2 = 0, psValue = SetBaseSkillRank 7 100 )
* UpdateCharacter( BicFunctions.exe "E:/Servervault/AcadiusLost\nooverrideelf.bic" SetBaseSkillRank 7 100 )

But the .bic file itself is not altered - a window asks me to report the error to microsoft, and has a memory dump file associated with it.

I'm also getting an extra logfile in my /NWNx4 called dw.log that looks like:

Quote:

NEW LOG
17:18:25 01-06-2008
ship dw20.exe 11.0.6555.0
Exception Mode

NEW LOG
17:20:36 01-06-2008
Exception Mode

NEW LOG
17:26:45 01-06-2008
Exception Mode

NEW LOG
17:31:44 01-06-2008
Exception Mode

one entry per failure, as best I can tell. I tried the alternate xp_character.dll from last month that was linked in the other thread, no difference. Seeing this both with my custom module, and the NWNx4Character module that's packed with the RAR.

Any suggestions?
kungfoowiz

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 20:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ta, taking a look at the plugin issues at the moment.
kungfoowiz

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello folks

Please check out this beta release of the NWNX4/Character plugin:
http://www.nwnx.org/index.php?id=65

It should fix many issues, but please post any further issues in this thread so we can see what's cracking.

Thank you
dmguild

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 18:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Questions about this plugin and NWNX4.

I use this plugin for my PW to let the users destroy their own character files and it works like a charm.

I noticed that there are SetWing and SetTail options also, but for the life of me I cannot get them to work.

Using some debug statements I can tell the scripts make it to the BIC command to modify the bic, but no wings. Is this not working / or not working anymore?

Thanks
Laurna
dmguild

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmguild wrote:
Questions about this plugin and NWNX4.

I use this plugin for my PW to let the users destroy their own character files and it works like a charm.

I noticed that there are SetWing and SetTail options also, but for the life of me I cannot get them to work.

Using some debug statements I can tell the scripts make it to the BIC command to modify the bic, but no wings. Is this not working / or not working anymore?

Thanks
Laurna

I figured out that I wasn't issuing the BootAndUpdate after the change, but now when it does the update (or tries to) I get a windows exception error on the server that says the bicfunctions.exe encountered an error. This will lock up the server until I click OK at which time it will pick up where it left off. The wings still do not get added.

I am using the 1.0.9 version of NWNX4. Maybe that's the problem? ALthought characters can still use the deletebic funtion just fine.

When I tried to recreate the problem again to get a screenshot, this time it just restarted the server. Nothing logged.
dmguild

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything?
dmguild

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 17:35    Post subject: Help Reply with quote

Can anyone help me here?

Thanks.
FoamBats4All

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 23:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having the same problem here. BicFunctions.exe crashes when something is tried.
Dragonsbane777

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the tail and wing issue - it will not set them for me. It does not work in my module, or on the module it came with.

Here is from the txt file:

Code:
NWNX Character Plugin V.0.0.1.0
(c) 2006 by Ingmar Stieger (Papillon)
visit us at http://www.nwnx.org

* Plugin initialized.
* Plugin SetString( psFunction = UPDATE, psParam1 = E:/Documents and Settings/Administrator/My Documents/Neverwinter Nights 2/servervault/Dragonsbane777\test.bic, nParam2 = 0, psValue = SetWing 14 NULL  )
* UpdateCharacter( BicFunctions.exe "E:/Documents and Settings/Administrator/My Documents/Neverwinter Nights 2/servervault/Dragonsbane777\test.bic" SetWing 14 NULL  )
* Plugin SetString( psFunction = UPDATE, psParam1 = E:/Documents and Settings/Administrator/My Documents/Neverwinter Nights 2/servervault/Dragonsbane777\test.bic, nParam2 = 0, psValue = SetTail 5 NULL  )
* UpdateCharacter( BicFunctions.exe "E:/Documents and Settings/Administrator/My Documents/Neverwinter Nights 2/servervault/Dragonsbane777\test.bic" SetTail 5 NULL  )

Anyone having any luck with this?

Also, is there a possibility that this does not work with 64-bit OS? I hope not.
FoamBats4All

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm running a heavily modified BicFunctions.exe, an early version of which was sent to KFW. Works fine.

You may need an older version of OEIShared.dll in the directory of the EXE file, or you need to recompile it for the latest version.
Dragonsbane777

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 14:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is beyond my ability. If you could email me with it or post it I would be most grateful Dragonsbane777@gmail.com
cryptc

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 20:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having problem with SetTail as well... I use this to call it:

SetTail(oPC,type);
BootAndUpdateCharacter(oPC);

And I get this message in the txt:

Quote:

* Plugin SetString( psFunction = UPDATE, psParam1 = D:/Documents and Settings/Administrator/My Documents/Neverwinter Nights 2/servervault/cryptc\karto.bic, nParam2 = 0, psValue = SetTail 8 NULL )
* UpdateCharacter( BicFunctions.exe "D:/Documents and Settings/Administrator/My Documents/Neverwinter Nights 2/servervault/cryptc\karto.bic" SetTail 8 NULL )
* CreateProcess( .. ) failed!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Technical support All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: