logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NWNX2 & Gamespy (different issue)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows technical support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dgospe

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 22:30    Post subject: NWNX2 & Gamespy (different issue) Reply with quote

Hey all,

This is actually a different issue from the ones posted in the forums. But, the result is, I am unable to see my NWN module in Gamespy when running NWNX2.

I am certain that my ports and firewall are set up correctly. When I launch the server through "nwnserver.exe", all is well, and the server is shown in gamespy correctly.

But, when I launch "NWNX2.exe", while the module loads and I can play on LAN, Gamespy never shows the module....

Does NWNX2 utilize a different port than the regular server? I run Windows XP. My Windows Firewall is completely off.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Zebranky

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 0:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWNX2 is just a launcher for nwserver.exe (that happens to also hook some functions in nwserver). NWNX2 does not inherently use a port, nor change the one that nwserver uses. My best guess is that you may have your server configured in nwnplayer.ini to not use Gamespy ("GameSpy Enabled=0" under Server Options). This would be a little surprising since it works fine when started without NWNX, but stranger things have happened.

<Fluffy-Kooshy> NWNx plugin is to this as nuclear warheads are to getting rid of fire ants.

<ThriWork> whenever I hear nwn extender, I think what does NWN need a penis extender for?
dgospe

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 18:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zebranky wrote:
My best guess is that you may have your server configured in nwnplayer.ini to not use Gamespy ("GameSpy Enabled=0" under Server Options). This would be a little surprising since it works fine when started without NWNX, but stranger things have happened.

Hey, thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, I checked that value and everything seems to be in order.

I can't for the life of me figure it out. Unless theres some hidden software-firewall, like Windows Firewall isn't actually "off" when it says it is...

I will keep messing around with it. There are so many things to do besides getting subraces & legendary levels installed. I actually recently lost my entire server and had to start from scratch (now I backup religiously).
Arvirago

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 13:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check also the nwnx.ini file or call nwnx.exe with the parameters -gamespywatchdog, -gamespyinterval and -gamespyretries to see if something changes.

Even if the server doesn't show up in gamespy, can someone outside your LAN access it directly with the IP?

Check also nwnx.txt and tell us if you see something strange there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows technical support All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: