logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

faction management ala NWNX

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DM_Vecna

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 20:30    Post subject: faction management ala NWNX Reply with quote

Does anyone have a good system for managing factions using NWNX?

I am looking at implementing both the Personal Reputation system and Shaya's (starry Nights) Sub-race system for my player world. Both of which use the Bioware database to store variables on creatures in the module to store and retrieve faction information. But I was hoping to find a way to do this all through NWNX.

I have about fifteen custom factions in addition to the basics.
Fireboar

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's pretty vague. NWNX is used for adding functionality to NWN that doesn't already exist. But NWN already has an adequate faction system - what more were you after that can't be achieved through a reasonable amount of scripting?
henesua

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was also wondering if NWNX had reputation adjustment functions.

What I specifically wanted was the ability to adjust a PC's personal reputation with an individual NPC. We can adjust faction reputation toward a PC with NWScript. But we have almost no ability to manipulate personal reputation.

Are there any NWNX functions that do this?
Lokey

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 21:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

The standard is usually to forget about doing anything with factions in a large project and roll your own abusing SetTempFriend/Enemy and whatever behind the scenes tracking you use. We're able to have lots of npcs with different friend/foe between different pcs and other npcs without breaking the cpu/memory bank.

Don't know if the engine functionality is there to use to do native or if it's possible to inject something to provide more functionality.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Database related All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: