logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Server Name after Crash

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows technical support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
themisery

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:02    Post subject: Server Name after Crash Reply with quote

simple problem, is there a command for the nwnx.ini to add a server name to my server after it crashes/reboots? the information is in the nwnplayer.ini and if i load the server withOut nwnx2 the name is already entered like it's supposed to be, but if i use nwnx2 to boot the server, whether i just started nwnx2 or if it crashed and rebooted the server, the Name field is always Empty

any ideas? thx
Papillon
x-man

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 22:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you use the current version of NWNX ? I've changed something in how the server is loaded a while ago (2004?) to get rid of that problem.
Sir Elric

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get this on my server too using the latest version of NWNX2 but only after a server reboot after a normal crash the name field is full.

SE
chunkymonky

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've noticed this too. I have to manually type in the server name after an intentional reset.

I can't speak to the function after crashes, because I don't seem to be able to get rid of the durn windows that pop up to tell me that a program has crashed. NWNx won't restart the server until I close said window...grr...
Zunath

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 13:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something that works for me is to run the server normally, and then switch users so you go back to the log in screen (but the program is still running).

No issues here at all.
Bodatoda

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 15:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this problem about half the time. I have my advanced server 2000 machine set to reboot once per day. Often when it reloads, NWNX fires up nwn without a server name in the field, and then tries to fire up a second instance of the game, which fails because the port is being used by the first one it started.

Any suggestions?
TroveLord

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 17:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the information might be useful, this happens with nwnx4 as well.
Soul-Forger

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:38    Post subject: Same problem here Reply with quote

I'm seeing the same problem, nwnx2 randomly not grabbing the server name on auto resets, manual resets, and crashes. Just two more cents. *shrugs*

SF
Dusty_Monk

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get this problem with NWNx4.

It seems to be related to how busy the cpu is. The more I load the cpu the more frequent the name field is unfilled.
Bodatoda

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 17:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a simple batch file that someone could write that would maybe delay the execution of NWNX2 for, say, 2 minutes to give the other windows services time to load first?
Papillon
x-man

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 13:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is the same problem that I encountered with NWN1 a couple of years ago, you could try the following to reproduce it without NWNX: Launch the server, and then immediately after the server window is opened, switch to another running program (e.g. notepad). You have to be fast, and if you switch before the fields in the server window are filled, you should have an empty named server.

That might be the reason why you only see it happening under loaded conditions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows technical support All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: