logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NWNX4 1.09 - Questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lugoun

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 21:08    Post subject: NWNX4 1.09 - Questions Reply with quote

Couple of questions:

Do I put the new NWNX4_Hook.dll into the game install folder and the nwnx folder the way I used to with MadCHook or does it matter?

In the posts I see references to SCORCO functions in the include file that I do not have - except I see them possibly incorporated into the Set/GetPersistentObject function.

Does this mean I can go ahead and move forward with using the SetPersistentObject and GetPersistentObject functions?

Does the table pwobjdata require any updates? If so, has that been included in the demo or is there CREATE TABLE information available I can use?

Since the Set/GetPersistentObject seems to somehow use the nwn2 native db, will objects stored using SetPersistentObject be persistent across multiple servers (using the same MySQL)?

Thank you,
TroveLord

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 22:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might want to read this, that, and this again.
Lugoun

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 23:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

TroveLord wrote:
You might want to read this, that, and this again.

Well,
I seem to be stuck in a loop.

I read the original threads and the changelog before I posted questions in development.

In response I was pointed back to the forum threads and the changelog. That was good, because it cleared up for me that I was not missing some more detailed documentation. However, I posted some more specific followup questions.

Now you have kindly provided links back to those very same threads, including my own post!

I have not been able to determine the answers to my questions by re-reading those posts again.

One person who replied even suggested my nwnx_sql.erf was out of date, even though I had a fresh download of nwnx 1.09.
TroveLord

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 0:22    Post subject: Re: NWNX4 1.09 - Questions Reply with quote

I can only answer to this.
Lugoun wrote:

Do I put the new NWNX4_Hook.dll into the game install folder and the nwnx folder the way I used to with MadCHook or does it matter?

Not needed.

I've not figured out about SCO/RCO myself either.
kungfoowiz

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 0:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I'll work on a basic install document for NWNX4 and MySQL, I did promise to do this for Papillon, but y'know how it goes, one beer leads to a whiskey. =)

The installation hasn't changed that much though, since the earlier NWNX4 versions.

I can't help you with other SQL servers though, I don't use them. Someone else will have to help you out with that.

The new documents will cover NWNX4 and MySQL, and how to setup your server to use them, all the basics shall be explained step by step and in detail.

Cheerio.
Edward
Gryphyn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:26    Post subject: Re: NWNX4 1.09 - Questions Reply with quote

Lugoun wrote:
Couple of questions:

In the posts I see references to SCORCO functions in the include file that I do not have - except I see them possibly incorporated into the Set/GetPersistentObject function.

Does this mean I can go ahead and move forward with using the SetPersistentObject and GetPersistentObject functions?

Does the table pwobjdata require any updates? If so, has that been included in the demo or is there CREATE TABLE information available I can use?

Since the Set/GetPersistentObject seems to somehow use the nwn2 native db, will objects stored using SetPersistentObject be persistent across multiple servers (using the same MySQL)?

Thank you,

NWNX4 (1.09) is not tied to the 'installation' folder of NWN2. NWNX4_Hook.dll must be where you installed NWNX4.

The SCORCO functions = StoreCampainObject() & RetrieveCampainObject() - these are the NWN2 functions that get hooked, and give you database access.

Set/GetPersistentObject() are the NWNX4 wrapper functions (#includes) that make it easy[er] to use - use these.

pwobjdata hasn't changed (no update). The Demo mod has the CREATE TABLE sql (but I think it's the SQLite code that is the default)

hope this helps
Cheers
Gryphyn
Lugoun

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 18:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awsome, thank you everyone for the more detailed replies. After a long hiatus our server is supposed to be back online now and I want to be ready to update to 1.09 with as few hitches as possible.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: